SaabCentral Forums banner

Boost gauge

738 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Norman Lovie 
#1 ·
Hi i just bought a new auto meter boost gauge but the instructions are completely useless because they dont tell me how to hook it up so i was wondering if one of you guys could tell me which rubber hose(s) that i need to attach it too and possibly maybe post a picture

#2 ·
well firstly, i'm sure this has been posted before, try searching :D

but beyond that, pick one of the three lines coming out of the intake manifold. I went for the one at the very end. Tee of from there and you should be set.

#3 ·
1st off best to try & check the gauge callibration. What I did was made up a T piece with an old tyre valve so I could use a tyre pressure stick gauge to compare against the dial gauge & use a tyre / tube as the pressure reservoir

2nd take the opertunity to search out all the small vacuum hoses coming off the inlet manifold. If they have never been changed then they will be brittle / leaking & it can seriously effect engine performance, once you,ve done this you,ll know where to plumb in the gauge

3rd if you already have the SAAB turbo boost bar gauge, then if you lift off the front dash cover, you can fit a T piece in the line feeding the SAAB gauge

4th fit a flow restrictor to the supply to the dial gauge ( maybe already fitted) basically stick in a tube to the connecting hose with only a small ( 1 to 2mm)hole. This will give you a more stable damped reading

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.