where are all the southeast us saabs? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: where are all the southeast us saabs?

jamjr
08-01-07, 08:44 PM
I just got home from a 2100 mile round trip road trip from VA to FL and I saw only 9 Saabs in 7 days and 5 of them were today while driving back north. I know the Northeast if full of them but I expected a better turn out.
Of course I can't really talk as we took our other car, but it has the roof rack and car top carrier and we needed the extra space!

TakeItEasy
08-01-07, 09:08 PM
I just got home from a 2100 mile round trip road trip from VA to FL and I saw only 9 Saabs in 7 days and 5 of them were today while driving back north. I know the Northeast if full of them but I expected a better turn out.

Today I must have seen 9 Saabs within a couple of minutes and most of them were at one intersection.

Of course I can't really talk as we took our other car, but it has the roof rack and car top carrier and we needed the extra space!

All the more reason to throw a roof rack on your Saab so they can see what a fine looking automobile it is and then want one for themselves.:D

Ryans900se
08-01-07, 09:28 PM
Im in NC :cheesy:

TheRedBaron
08-01-07, 10:26 PM
My car's original owner was from Alabama.

When I lived in New Orleans (~4 yrs) I did not see one Saab the entire time. I told my friend who was born and raised there that I got a new (to me) car, and he said, "oh what kind of car?" I said "An old Saab 900 turbo!" He said "Sweet man, that sounds cool! What's it like?"

bkrell
09-01-07, 02:51 AM
There's a decent contingent here these days. Having a dealer helps! There are plenty of SAABs in Texas, compared to the rest of the South, as well. Both mine have come from Houston, actually. I'm also within spittin' distance of one of the biggest collections of vintage SAABs you'd ever hope to see.

It's a product of SAAB's original US marketing strategy, which focused primarily on the Northeast and cold weather markets, which highlighted the strengths of a compact front wheel drive car.

photosaab
09-01-07, 11:26 AM
I was in florida last march for one week doing bird photography and only saw
a few saabs. when i was picking up my rental car I asked if they rented saabs and the woman said "i have not seen one of those in a long time".

Here in Connecticut there are Saabs everywhere. There are at least 5 (2 9-5's, 2 9-3ss and one 9-3 vert) on my street and that is only for one block .

I will be driving down to Charleston SC in february and will be interested to see how many saab I will see down there.

GB24Hours
10-01-07, 02:57 PM
This is definitely not Saab Country down here. Except for the big SUV's, GM vehicles generally don't sell well around here.

Daytona had a Saab dealership... but since it was in conjunction with a Toyota dealership, it went away at the time of the GM takeover. Closest one is Orlando now.

omegajb
10-01-07, 04:40 PM
Even in VA and DC there are only a small precentage of Saabs on the road, I'm not sure if it's because they are FWD and people stay away.
I see many more BMW, Audi and MB here than anything else.

TheRedBaron
10-01-07, 07:13 PM
Even in VA and DC there are only a small precentage of Saabs on the road, I'm not sure if it's because they are FWD and people stay away.
I see many more BMW, Audi and MB here than anything else.

I don't know about VA, but I could drive around NW and find 3 or 4 c900's within 20 minutes (granted I know where they all are usually parked lol - c900 stalker). I also see quite a few NG900's (less so these days) and a lot of 9-3 SS's and 9-5's. I'd say more than most places. I do know exactly what you mean with the Beemers, audis and benzes around here. It's like every third car is one of them, no joke. :o

aero1116
10-01-07, 07:28 PM
Atlanta here.

jamjr
10-01-07, 08:18 PM
The numbers in this part of VA aren't bad, but there is a dealership right around the corner so that has to help.

square.wave
10-01-07, 09:08 PM
I see them fairly often in Charlotte.

photosaab
11-01-07, 08:12 AM
I see lots of bmw, audi and merc's here also.

i love watching bmw struggle in the snow, if we ever get some again.

Saabgrin
11-01-07, 08:45 AM
I see them fairly often in Charlotte.

Yep, I see quite a few of the newer 9-5 and 9-3 around here, but not too many of the older classic Saab's.

fishhyren11
11-01-07, 03:41 PM
Saw three today... Most I've EVER seen in a day.
And wouldn't you know it one of them looked identical to mine.... grrrr

sethsev7n
11-01-07, 06:27 PM
My Saab originally came from Marietta GA, but when I went to school in Chattanooga I saw very few Saabs on the road, especially driving home to PA. If I drove around at home I'd probably see at least one or two on a drive.

saabassguy
11-01-07, 11:12 PM
3 currently at our house in south carolina. Actually i've seen a huge growth of Saab ownership in the past 5 years of Saab's in Charleston. Good for the brand.