SaabCentral Forums banner

engine type

678 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sp53 
#1 ·
Hi all does anyone know how I can find my engine type/model. I have a 1989 Saab 9000. I am kinda sure the engine is B202I. I looked on the block for the numbers but could not find them. It does not have the direct ignition if that makes any difference. The reason I am so curious is I am ordering some parts from Auto Parts Warehouse (I hope they are good?) The parts I want to get are the timing chain guides; they want to know if my engine is a K0-83010 or a K0-83011. The vin is YS3CS58D6K002563 if that helps. Does anybody know another way to identify ?

Thanks Steve

#3 ·
sp53 said:
Hi all does anyone know how I can find my engine type/model. I have a 1989 Saab 9000. I am kinda sure the engine is B202I. I looked on the block for the numbers but could not find them. The parts I want to get are the timing chain guides; they want to know if my engine is a K0-83010 or a K0-83011. The vin is YS3CS58D6K002563 if that helps. Does anybody know another way to identify ?
You just identified the type you need yourself. Since your VIN is -K002563 you very obviously need the part that is valid up to VIN -K083010. In this case only the upper chain guide matters, the rest are the same for both. The upper guide part number you need is 7505845.

#4 ·
Thanks you guys now I see it- Daa. Anyways please tell me Hal where do you get the part number? Do you a catalog or something? Or perhaps I missed something obvious again. I was looking on the Parts Warehouse site.

Thank you Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.