SaabCentral Forums banner

Fueling.. Idling

641 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Carlsson GT 
#1 ·
my 89 carlsson cd is giving me a little problem, im getting rubbish fuel comsumption and also when i start it in the morning its fine idles well but wen i drive her and stop e.g. waiting at the lights the revs jump and sit at around 1300rpm. ac is not on, heater fan is not on,, if tried switchin of evything to see wat effects it.. dont have clue...

#2 ·
Carlsson GT said:
my 89 carlsson cd is giving me a little problem, im getting rubbish fuel comsumption and also when i start it in the morning its fine idles well but wen i drive her and stop e.g. waiting at the lights the revs jump and sit at around 1300rpm. ac is not on, heater fan is not on,, if tried switchin of evything to see wat effects it.. dont have clue...
Hi,

Check all of the vacuum lines for leaks and all of the bushings. It might be worth renewing them even if there is no obvious problem. There is a guide here that may help - http://quasimotors.com/propane.htm.

Also, have a look around the injectors; when I had a dodgy o-ring on one there was a small amount of oil leaking out. I had the same symptoms as you describe, fine on a cold start but high idling when warm and it turned out to be an injector o-ring.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.