SaabCentral Forums banner

Want to clean out my Intercooler

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Norman Lovie 
#1 ·
9000 aero 97
What I want to do is clean out my intercooler, i,m assuming it must be gummed up with oil after being 9 yrs old. What i,d also like to do is remove or reposition the A/C condensor - why is it parked in front of the I/C??

What I don,t want to do is disconnect the A/C hoses etc.. & hence leak off the oils . gas,s, so is there a way of getting the IC out with out doing this???? it looks like its not possible but worth asking before I commit???

I also plan using Acetone to flush the IC any prob,s with this ???? & no I don,t plan putting the Acetone in the fuel tank ref: previous thread ( its going into my nephew,s auld banger as an experiment)
cheers

#2 ·
Norman if you are going to do all the work of shifting the a/c back (which has been done by several others I'm aware of w/o discharging the gas) and removing the a/c to clean it, then why not replace it as well w/ something cheap, and much better?

Acetone or petrol should be fine for cleaning it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.