Thinking about Nordic Stg 2 for my linear... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Thinking about Nordic Stg 2 for my linear...

SaabSobel
14th December 2006, 02:28 PM
I have really been looking hard at these PPC's lately and I'm really thinking about getting the Nordic PPC Stage 2 for my '05 Linear. I was just wondering if anybody actually has stg 2 and could give some input or knows of peformance gains, etc. Also, it doesn't specify on GenuineSaab.com whether you have to order special software for a 5spd manual or not...Anybody know? $1600 looks like a pretty good price for an increase of 60hp and 83tq. What do you guys think?:cool:

SaabSobel
19th December 2006, 05:11 PM
Cool...No replies...I knew I could count on this forum.:roll:

mike saunders
19th December 2006, 08:26 PM
meh....

It's not a huge gain for that amount of dough....

What are you planning to do with the car?

Are you going to keep it for a while, or trade it after a few years?

Automaggot
19th December 2006, 11:06 PM
You were complaining about the price of tuning a 9-3 in your last thread. Why the change?

I think you should save that money for when you have a car worth modding!

Frosty288
20th December 2006, 04:10 PM
I would do it. You get 37hp increase on the Stage 1 PPC for the 2.0T for $900+, and 60hp for around 1300 or whatever it was on a linear.

Automaggot
20th December 2006, 04:11 PM
Does anyone have a dyno graph of Stage II? I wonder how the little turbo does.

Dach
23rd December 2006, 03:22 PM
I have really been looking hard at these PPC's lately and I'm really thinking about getting the Nordic PPC Stage 2 for my '05 Linear. I was just wondering if anybody actually has stg 2 and could give some input or knows of peformance gains, etc. Also, it doesn't specify on GenuineSaab.com whether you have to order special software for a 5spd manual or not...Anybody know? $1600 looks like a pretty good price for an increase of 60hp and 83tq. What do you guys think?:cool:

I understand from speaking with Daniel and Rolf of Nordic that Stage 2 requires a change in Downpipe and Cat back exhaust. After which if you could, add a FMIC.

I'm not sure regarding the manual box and torque limiters, but with their software, I feel my 1st and 2nd gear Auto is so much more responsive. It feels a lot more than the 200Nm. Its very possible that stock wise, its way less than 200Nm. If you are talking numbers, driving it is a lot more different than just looking at figures.

If I am not wrong its on the upside of 235hp and 350Nm.