Finally - decent pics of my 99 - bandwidth alert! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Finally - decent pics of my 99 - bandwidth alert!

heavy_t
5th April 2003, 03:39 PM
Here's my car - a 1973 99L .....
I love it as you may already know :cheesy:

About time I took some decent 'photos!!

BillJ
5th April 2003, 03:43 PM
Nice car. I didn't realise it was shiny beige :o
I thought all beige cars were matt. All the ones I remember seeing were...

Tone_Depear
5th April 2003, 03:45 PM
Can't wait to see it in the flesh!

We saved a space for you just in case!

http://www.depear-media.co.uk/kodak/2003/12.jpg

Oooh, and Mr Gordy has found a source for 70s racing stickers... 8) :cheesy:

BillJ
5th April 2003, 03:52 PM
Hey, Tone. Is that a beige Maestro in the background? Probably matt beige... :lol:

Tone_Depear
5th April 2003, 03:55 PM
I think it was gold, actually! :o

BillJ
5th April 2003, 03:58 PM
Matt metallic beige?

Tone_Depear
5th April 2003, 03:59 PM
Matt metallic beige?

That must be it. 8)

Rob Sandey
5th April 2003, 04:02 PM
Very nice car heavy_t, I wondered why you had this beige obsession. Now I can see why. Mrs S. even chipped in that if I got her one like that she would have a Saab. I am toying with the idea of taking a hammer to her :evil: as I have just spent all afternoon fitting an amp and sub to her Chinky.

jimmythefly
5th April 2003, 07:20 PM
Very nice, heavy T! Those pictures settle it, I must have one!

kevitree
6th April 2003, 04:20 AM
Very nice car heavy_t, I wondered why you had this beige obsession. Now I can see why. Mrs S. even chipped in that if I got her one like that she would have a Saab. I am toying with the idea of taking a hammer to her :evil: as I have just spent all afternoon fitting an amp and sub to her Chinky.

Rob what are you posting in here for? A Gm900 and a Fi4t no sign of a 99 or 90? :nono;

did putting the amp in leave enough power for the turning the wheels? :nono; :cheesy:

most importantly Heavy that is a gorgeous car and puts me further down the road of getting project 99 up and running

Although Mrs Kevitree did say shes glad mines not beige! :cheesy:

EDIT: Whoa she actually said ours (I think we could well be getting somewhere)

Mark P
6th April 2003, 04:24 AM
That 99 is soooooo pretty. The minilites looky very nice indeed. 8)

Pity you couldn't get to Kodak yesterday so we could've got a pic of them all together. Still, there'll be another meet, and Ken might have his beast by then too! :cheesy:

nutcase
6th April 2003, 04:35 AM
Shiny new :) Looks great! I'll be putting a few pics of my one up soon, and that'll make everyone's cars on here look even better!

Rob Sandey
6th April 2003, 04:59 AM

Rob what are you posting in here for? A Gm900 and a Fi4t no sign of a 99 or 90? :nono;

did putting the amp in leave enough power for the turning the wheels? :nono; :cheesy:

I have a plan that may involve a 90 well'll have to see 8)
As for the Fiat she wants to get it superchipped now but I am not kicking against that as it may me a licence/leverage point to get a 90 :cheesy:

heavy_t
6th April 2003, 05:16 AM
Very nice, heavy T! Those pictures settle it, I must have one!

Buy buy buy!! It's a good thing I didn't post a picture of the headlining then :wink:

TFatC
6th April 2003, 05:20 AM
Shiny new :) Looks great! I'll be putting a few pics of my one up soon, and that'll make everyone's cars on here look even better!

Except mine :oops:

Heavy T - That is a seriously nice looking car. And you hesitated about spending 3-400 on it for a clutch? Get it fixed, or better yet, give it to me! :cheesy:

heavy_t
6th April 2003, 05:28 AM

Except mine :oops:

Heavy T - That is a seriously nice looking car. And you hesitated about spending 3-400 on it for a clutch? Get it fixed, or better yet, give it to me! :cheesy:

I didn't hesitate. I would have got done whatever needed doing probably. As it's only 2 hours labour I'm taking it to the main dealer in a week. Should be a laugh :cheesy:

Rob Hill
6th April 2003, 12:01 PM
Here's my car - a 1973 99L .....
I love it as you may already know :cheesy:

About time I took some decent 'photos!!

I want it, I want it, I want it :cheesy:

jimmythefly
6th April 2003, 02:28 PM
Buy buy buy!! It's a good thing I didn't post a picture of the headlining then

That's OK, I have a selection of very wide-brimmed hats to keep it out of the way :D

Ken
7th April 2003, 08:35 AM
That looks really, really fine. I need a fix - I'm going to ring up scotland right now & find out when mine'll be ready. And Mark, if I find that he's pi55ed, I really will be paranoid!

Gordy
7th April 2003, 08:42 AM
When I got back to Fife on Sunday I noticed that the streets were empty. It turns out there's a huge party on at the moment and some English guy is paying for it. :cheesy:

TFatC
7th April 2003, 08:48 AM
Gordy - do you think the money will last until the weekend as I am due home on Friday..... :cheesy:

Mark P
7th April 2003, 09:02 AM
When I got back to Fife on Sunday I noticed that the streets were empty. It turns out there's a huge party on at the moment and some English guy is paying for it. :cheesy:

That'll be Uncle Ken from Derby...

He's been buying the beer for a couple of weeks non-stop now! :cheesy: :cheesy:

Gordy
7th April 2003, 09:13 AM
Gordy - do you think the money will last until the weekend as I am due home on Friday.....

Probably, apparently the source is a bottomless well.

Dear Mr X,

I'm sorry to say that your 99 requires more work than I originally thought. I need to purchase some more parts and, obviously, the labour charge will increase. In addition, the job requires me to hire a sub contractor for some of the more fiddly bits. The paint work requires some touching up and the bloke who does my paintwork, Mr Da Vinci, suggests it may take some time and money. Please send a blank cheque as soon as possible.

etc etc. :cheesy: