Anyone Abbotted their aero? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Anyone Abbotted their aero?

nickliv
03-04-03, 09:45 AM
Has anyone with a 9-5 aero, pre or post facelift, decided that they need more, and had the Abbott trionic upgrade fitted? If so, what's it like?

murphwiz
03-04-03, 11:23 AM
Has anyone with a 9-5 aero, pre or post facelift, decided that they need more, and had the Abbott trionic upgrade fitted? If so, what's it like?

I decided to go for a speedparts upgrade after months of deciding...
The speedparts just offered the best all round value for money, as I went for a stage 2 option which included cat back exhaust, and my exhaust was getting close to the mark anyway, so this, in real terms made it a whole lot cheaper! :cheesy:

mr saabman
03-04-03, 12:17 PM
Mine is not an Aero :( But I have also gone for the speedparts upgrade 8) in my case 65bhp extra compared to Abbotts 40bhp increase and cheaper too :D Don't forget to also have a look at Maptun before you decide :D

Toreador93
03-04-03, 05:15 PM
Have either of you modified anything else in the engine? I know for either abbott or hirsch, their 240 hp kit includes a bigger intercooler (and a ~$2000 increase). Are there any concerns that the stock intercooler isn't up to task?

Did you replace your downpipe when you upgraded your exhaust?

Have you replaced your diverter (dump?) valve?

Thanks,
Mike

murphwiz
04-04-03, 01:09 PM
The abbott does not include intercooler... hirsch does, but is it needed?

No, my exhaust is a cat back...
Nothing else needs to be changed, but I've replaced my dump valve with a forge item for reliability

mr saabman
19-04-03, 02:26 PM
My car is totally standard apart from the 215bhp ECU :D I don't see the extra couple of bhp you get from the extra bits justify's the cost!
Why in my case spend the best part of 1000 for a couple more bhp? :)

ComradeMisha
04-06-03, 02:25 AM
For the love of the game!!

Mattlach
01-06-04, 02:58 PM
their 240 hp kit includes a bigger intercooler (and a ~$2000 increase). Are there any concerns that the stock intercooler isn't up to task?

I forget who it was, but last year someone posted in these forums about his stock Aero being much slower when it was hot out.

if I understand how everything works, this speaks for the hteory that the standard intercooler is not quite up to the task it has been designed for.

I could be wrong though.

I have ordered the BSR stage 1 PPC and have not done anything else. I will be installing it shortly.