SaabCentral Forums banner

9000 aero won't start-fuel pump?

942 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Sandro 
#1 ·
Hey guys:
My 97 9000 aero won't start,it cranks,but no start.
I switched the DI cassette with a known good one and still no go.
Checked the fuel pump fuse-it's intact.
Could a clogged fuel filter be causing this?
The pump was replaced once before,I think around 130k miles.Car now has 230k-do you think the pump could be gone again?How hard is it to replace?U gotta drop the tank?
Does anyone know the specs for pump output volume?
I cranked it for about 10 seconds with the fuel line draining into a small (16 oz?) Gatorade bottle for the 10 seconds and it filled it about 1/4 of the way,maybe 4 oz of fuel.Sounds a little low to me but I'm not sure.I'm thinking there's not enough pressure to flow it thru the injectors-whatta u guys think?
I guess it could be ignition related but the DI is good and that is the most likely culprit in the ignition system.
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
10 seconds of cranking, my guess would be half a litre from the fuel line. The tank doesn't need to be dropped, the pump is top-fit, under the boot floor. Should be able to search and find a few threads about fuel pump renewal. A lot of people on here fit a Walbro 255. The model number is on this forum somewhere, think it's GSS343 (but don't quote me on that).

#5 ·
I've been thinking about my feul pump because before I bought it it would shut off after a certain amount of gas was left in it, it would shut off. so I'm guessing the fuel system clean was done wrong because he put a full bottle of fuel system cleaner in it and then did not fill the tank up with gas. What do you think is that a possibilty or not?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.