JT 3"-downpipe and Jetex-catback [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: JT 3"-downpipe and Jetex-catback

v4rallye
30th October 2006, 06:45 AM
Hello!

I have a '96-9000 Aero and am thinking about replacing my downpipe and cat with a JT-3"-downpipe with racecat. As the car isn't chipped/tuned (and wont be) I will keep the original exhaust or possibly put a Jetex 2,5" on if I should need a replacement in the future.

My question now is if the 3"-parts (for example sold by Soeedparts) has the right flange to join with the original-system (or the Jetex)?

Best Regards,
Erik

saabkid37
30th October 2006, 12:45 PM
if you buy just the jt dp it has a flange to mate to the stock exhaust

v4rallye
30th October 2006, 01:08 PM
Hi!

Thanks for the info, that's what I had hoped... :)

Erik

cdcarlsson
30th October 2006, 02:23 PM
Hi Erik,

I put one on my '93 Aero just last week. The fit was very good compared to an earlier JT downpipe that knocked against the crossmember just below the radiator.
The kit from JT comes with an adaptor to mate the 3" racecat to the original Saab centre pipe.
At the weekend the car was dynoed, with the result of 243bhp and 275 lb/ft (380Nm) of Torque. This was on 99 RON fuel. The cat has been checked by my local Saab independant dealer and found to comply with emissions regulations in the UK.

HTH
Nick.

v4rallye
30th October 2006, 04:22 PM
Hi Nick!

Sounds good. My original cat had a hole earlier this year. A part was broken out where the cat is fixed to the bracket under the engine. I fixed it with the welder... :roll: Works ok until now, but I think I will have to replace it soon. So the JT-downpipe with racecat seems to be a good option. I think the emissions should be the same with a proper cat, and I wont tell the TÜV here in Germany... :o
The rest of the exhaust was replaced shortly before I bought the car, so this should be ok for some time.

I know several guys here in Germany have dynoed their 9k-Aeros (original car, without tuning!) at about 250hp with 100RON-fuel (ultimate or V-Power). :cheesy:

Cheers,
Erik

cdcarlsson
31st October 2006, 01:43 PM
Eric,

I had my car dynoed with the original cat and had 265bhp!? However almost everyone at the time felt it was over-reading. Other cars that day were up considerably over previous rolling road tests with no further modifications done.
The result this weekend (after the 100 cel cat was added) was at a different rolling road and the results are felt by many to be far more accurate.
My point is, how accurate are the rolling roads that find 'standard' Aero's putting out 250bhp??

Regards
Nick.

v4rallye
1st November 2006, 07:53 AM
Hello Nick,

I don't know how accurate the rolling-road is they used. But they were all on the same as far as I know. It is a RR at ADAC (german automobile-club).

Cheers,
Erik