Greetings, all, new member, 2nd Saab [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Greetings, all, new member, 2nd Saab

triggrhaapi
29th March 2003, 09:42 PM
Greetings everyone, I'm new to these here parts. I'm a HUGE car enthusiast, and a Saab enthusiast as well. I currently own an 86 9000 Turbo with 278,867 miles and a tuned APC. This is my second saab, the first being an 87 900 S. I've owned other cars as well, a 1994 Toyota Supra TT, which was tuned to 427RWHP with stock turbines and a fully built up motor. I'm currently working on building a Turbo Miata based on a 95 miata, with an engine rebuild pending and a goal of 320WHP. I use my saabs as daily drivers, because my project cars tend to be a bit too extreme for everyday use. I love Saabs, they are bulletproof and love to be pushed hard. I noticed that the tuned APC has added quite a bit of power to the car, but because the Saab Turbo gauge doesn't specify PSI, I really have no clue what boost I'm getting.
This will be important to know because I am going to be installing an Aquamist water injection system, and need to know at what pressure level the Water Injection should occur. (had an Aquamist on the supra, really helped keep those cylinder head temps down under heavy boost, even in 100+ degree weather) The windshield sprayer tank is quite large on the 9000, so I think that will suffice as far as water supply is concerned. Also, the water injection system will effectively raise the octane of the fuel, so the APC's knock system won't have to cut the fun too often if at all.

Well, I've been working on turbocharged cars for quite a while, including some very impressive twin turbo BMW ///M3s and all kinds of Scoobys, mitsus, Nissans and now Saabs. Forums look pretty good, nice work guys.

Simon
30th March 2003, 04:32 AM
Welcome to Saabcentral!

Simon.