Sport Exhaust [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Sport Exhaust

LDFolsom
28th March 2003, 04:49 PM
I have read quite a few reports on the forum about exhausts, but I was wondering how loud the Saab Sport exhaust system is (I have a 2001 9-3SE). I don't want something rediculously loud, but is it loud enough to even notice? I have seen a post stating that it was "quiet". I dont really want to spend $400.00 if it is just a barely noticeable noise increase. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Larkin Folsom

CleveSaab
28th March 2003, 05:18 PM
It's prety quiet, I'm sure.
Adds a few HP, I think!

jpgibson
28th March 2003, 05:27 PM
Ive had a few turbo cars- the only way you get big improvements is if the original system is very restrictive or if you replace the whole thing from turbo to back of the car.
With previous cars Ive replaced the whole thing to 2.5"-> probably added 20 kW- but that car had a very restrictive exhaust.
The saab muffler is in fact a straight through design ( sort of, the is a splitting of flow) and as such will flow pretty well. I changed the muffler- sounds a bit better but no more ooomph.
I also had the local exhaust guy put on a s/s twin outlet - looks good without being too obvious.
If you put on a non saab muffler many places will let you try different ones whilst on the car
If you read the saab brochure, the sports exhausts " give your car a more powerful sound"!!
Good luck
jonathan

dasaabguy
4th April 2003, 10:06 PM
Im running a sport exhuast on my 95 900se conv., the gain is very little but gives you a better sound in my opinion, purrs like a kitten!

Sounds nothing like the rice rockets!!