oem carbonfiber dash [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: oem carbonfiber dash

saab_family
27th September 2006, 07:27 PM
i have always disliked my grey plastic dash on my base 9-3. does anyone have any idea as to where i would look for an oem carbonfiber dash? im looking for the actual CF dash, not the overlay.

thanks!!:D

ben

WaSaabiPSI
27th September 2006, 09:23 PM
i think the overlay is the only OEM option. I have it and it looks great.

SPATL
27th September 2006, 11:37 PM
The OEM is no longer sold through the dealer so you have to get lucky on EBay or find one elsewhere. Problem with the OEM is that it tends to delaminate from the inside out, I think that is why they stopped making it. I have it and I can see areas where this is true on mine. The CF door handles have a similar problem but not as bad. I also have the full CF shift knob (9-5 model) but that shows no signs of delamination.

Jeremy R.
28th September 2006, 12:25 AM
i think the overlay is the only OEM option. I have it and it looks great.
They did make a full carbon fiber dash. A friend of mine picked one up dirt cheap at the Saab convention in Seattle last year. It doesn't really look that much better than the overlay I have (also a factory part), but it does look a little more integrated.

cpenning623
28th September 2006, 01:11 AM
if you have the grey dash, then the overlay is an excellent option, any area that it doesnt cover will be grey, and it wont look bad-i got the dash for cheap to, so i want expecting perfection when i put it over the wooden dash

cpenning623
28th September 2006, 01:12 AM
if you have the grey dash, then the overlay is an excellent option, any area that it doesnt cover will be grey, and it wont look bad-i got the dash for cheap to, so i want expecting perfection when i put it over the wooden dash

saab_family
28th September 2006, 06:03 PM
so ebay is my best bet? i think ill get what ever i can find first (overlay or solid dash) or maybe a weird viggen dash... anyone have a viggen dash that needs a new home:lol:

ben

cpenning623
28th September 2006, 11:44 PM
yea, there are alot of "kits" available too, not OEM-they have upwards of 20 peices that go all around the ****pit.

you could consider that too

saab_family
29th September 2006, 12:03 AM
im a little weary of aftermarket dash kits. they all look cheesy and ill fitting...

Sirhc
29th September 2006, 08:04 PM
im a little weary of aftermarket dash kits. they all look cheesy and ill fitting...

Really they do not look bad if you do not already have something there, like the wood dash. It would certainlly look cheesy if you place a CF kit on top of a Saab factory wood dash.

PETER SAABER
29th September 2006, 11:54 PM
Yo they edited **** in ****pit? Ha! Were all old enough to drive, at least let us swear a bit. If some is being a real "problem" then ban him, or her.

Have you considered just spraying it a different color? They have some real crazy paint now, and the surface is easy enough to get at and mask.

cpenning623
30th September 2006, 11:40 AM
painting is for ricers

WaSaabiPSI
30th September 2006, 11:48 AM
crap, i have the outside of my car painted..... I'll take that off ASAP

PETER SAABER
30th September 2006, 01:50 PM
crap, i have the outside of my car painted..... I'll take that off ASAP

Ha!

I've always dreamed of having a clear coat on bare metal. Or a nice matte black finnish. Something nice and stealth.

lukey
30th September 2006, 03:33 PM
try this web site for dashboards/dash kits

www.walnutdash.com (http://www.walnutdash.com)

Tweek's Turbos
30th September 2006, 03:42 PM
http://www.stateofnine.com/page/stateofnine/PROD/94_98NG900DK

They have the complete overlay kits. But every once in a while somebody will sell an actual dash.