Anyone using the Steering Rack Bracket from Taliferro? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Anyone using the Steering Rack Bracket from Taliferro?

MikeZR
28th March 2003, 10:36 AM
I am interested in tightening the feel and response of the suspension, will the kit from Taliferro do the trick? Also, I have a shimmy in the steering wheel at slow speeds is this common or is there a problem?

Jeremy R.
30th March 2003, 04:54 PM
A few guys over on Saabnet have the Taliaferro (KIC Innovations) steering rack brace. I don't have one yet, but it's on my list. From what I hear, it won't tighten up the suspension, but the steering should be much tighter. There's a good chance it could help with your shimmy, but that could also be an out of balance wheel. I haven't noticed a shimmy in mine. If you want the suspension to feel tighter, then upgrade your springs or shocks, especially if you don't have an SE. I can tell you that springs make a big difference.

MikeZR
30th March 2003, 07:25 PM
I found out that I had a bad tire. It was amazing that a bad rear tire could make the steering wheel shake like that. I want tighter steering feel and stiffer suspension. No I dont have the SE, so would springs be a better place to start?

jpgibson
31st March 2003, 05:09 PM
I have a 98 talladega SET ( Australia): I suggest you change the stuts and springs: I used Saab roadholding kit Sachs shocks and Eibach springs, and Roadholding kit swaybars ( I suspect they were ~ same diameter ~ ie I wasted my money!I\From what I can glean, the SAS rear sway bar is excellent and a good first mod ( seems to be <130 US).
It all depends how much you have/want to spend
Eibach,Bilstein or Konis ,Abbott or KIC kit...
I made the steering 'brace' on ERPs site- not much difference.
If it helps, I think you get used to the wayward steering pretty quickly. The lack of body rol/ understeer is a big bonus
good luck
jonathan