brake sound horrible! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: brake sound horrible!

jalapino4
24-09-06, 03:11 AM
Since i bought the car 2 1/2 years now. I have been hearing the brake cracking or squeaking or something else that i can't explain but its horrible for the past 2 1/2 years. Mostly it does in the morning or the car had been sitting in the lot for a couple of hrs. Every time i brake on for a stop light, sign or anytime i need to stop. It make this sound so loud that i think the people near by can hear it. its so embarring sometime. For the past years since i bought that car. I took it for complain and they said that its normal. So i keep driving until 3 months ago 2 years since i had it. The dealer told me to change my brake. But since its cost too much that i bought all four from automotive shop and install it myself. Yes it took awhile until i understand how to put it with the help of my dad. Got it on and took it for a drive. YES that sound come back again and even louder than b4. SOMETIME when it get really loud I have to press it hard 1x release and press again so i don't have to hear it. I do that almost every days. can you guy tell me how to fix them cuz they are very ennoying and frustrating. thanks

kilo
24-09-06, 11:16 AM
my brother got a CV 1 yr old. Ran about 5000km too. Since he got this, he got the EXACT same problem as U. The dealers changed in turns, all the brake pads, then the discs and then pads of a different type (all under warrantee of course) but the brake still squeeks when u r nearing a slow stop, when cold esp. The dealer same here said it is normal but my bro hates it when heads turn because of that. (he would rather they turn to look at the CV itself :cheesy:.)

Nimisys
24-09-06, 05:15 PM
make sure your front pads are in the correct positon, they are directional.

make sure the rear pads are in the correct positon, the pads witht he spring attached need to be in the inner position.

get a hold of some GM durastop silicon brake lube. it is a thick paste that needs to be applied on the carrier where the pads ride and on the pads where they touch the caliper.