Potential Sportcombi Owner [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Potential Sportcombi Owner

joe maniqz
18th September 2006, 02:47 PM
Hi there...I am new to the Saab community...just dropping by to test the waters...I have been a BMW owner but seeing that bimmers seem to be everywhere nowadays, i feel I need to jump off the bandwagon, I am starting to get sea sick seeing bimmers all over, plus the fact that I have just started a family and need a safe car for my toddler and wife, Saab seems to be my top choice to be a safe car and with style...I won't bother you all with the cliche' questions of what should I expect if I buy a Saab...I'll just go ahead and use the search button, I'm sure there's a wealth of information that lurks there...thanks.

ChuckV
18th September 2006, 03:49 PM
For a safe car, you can't do better, IMO. I just got rear ended by a hut doing over 50mph while I was at a dead stop. Police report states that my vehicle skidded over 300, close to 400 feet, with my foot on the brake pedal the whole time. It's been over a week now, and I am still 100% pain free.

joe maniqz
18th September 2006, 03:59 PM
Glad you're ok...that's what i always fear, just when you think you're at a standstill and safe, bang!, some jerk would hit you...there's no prevention for that except be in a safe car just like yours...thanks for the reply.

For a safe car, you can't do better, IMO. I just got rear ended by a hut doing over 50mph while I was at a dead stop. Police report states that my vehicle skidded over 300, close to 400 feet, with my foot on the brake pedal the whole time. It's been over a week now, and I am still 100% pain free.

Toemke
18th September 2006, 04:31 PM
Got one a few months ago. Still love it. It's my fifht SAAB so there you go...:cool:

Gin
19th September 2006, 01:18 PM
Got one like 2 weeks ago...its my fifth saab too. Cant go wrong. SAFE and FUN to drive best of all its got class cuz its not a bimmer MB or Audi :) Go to the bank get some cash, to the dealer, and drive one home now!

joe maniqz
19th September 2006, 02:38 PM
Got one like 2 weeks ago...its my fifth saab too. Cant go wrong. SAFE and FUN to drive best of all its got class cuz its not a bimmer MB or Audi :) Go to the bank get some cash, to the dealer, and drive one home now!

Don't tempt me...if there's a dealer somewhere near my work, I would be driving a sportcombi right now...it's good that the dealers a few miles away...last weekend I was itching to see a sportcombi in the flesh because surprisingly I haven't seen one in actual and I work in glitzy west LA...i guess it's because everyone's driving a bimmer...maybe this weekend...i can feel my heart thumping.