60,000 miles service? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 60,000 miles service?

cymbolkid
17-09-06, 04:56 PM
I bought my 2001 Saab 9-3 with 28,000 miles on it about two years ago. When i bought it the service department told me i should get the 30,000 mile service which was something like $300. Which i didnt want to spend so i just didnt do it. Now i am have about 49,000, i shouldnt have 60,000 until probably this time next year but do you think i should have the service done?

I really want my Saab to atleast last until 100,000 miles. So i want to do everything i can to make it last with as few problems as possible. I read the manual and other people posting on this forum. It looks like they replace a few things and just check a bunch of things. Is this something i should even consider getting done?

hunt.dogshome
17-09-06, 05:14 PM
:roll: Sounds like " I killed the milkman 10 years ago. I want to get rid of the skeleton. Do you think they'll arrest me if I hand it in to the police station?"

I don't know what's involved in the 30K service, but you skipped it and are now worried the car might not last?

Warn everyone before you Ebay it so we know not to buy :cheesy:

cymbolkid
17-09-06, 05:20 PM
hahaha, yea i know i guess i worded that wrong, it does sound like to little too late. But I didnt get the 30000 mile service at the time because I just got a new full time job the day before i bought the car and of coarse i had to buy a new car I couldnt drive around in my 1994 eagle talon when i can afford something new.LOL So when i bought the Saab i didnt have enough money to pay for the service. Now i have an even better job and i am more concerned about my car lasting now then i did before.