Rising rate fuel pressure regulator/airbox mods [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Rising rate fuel pressure regulator/airbox mods

Marrk
25th March 2003, 09:25 AM
Okay, as I'm going to be running higher boosts than standard I realise I need more fuel. What is the best option/kit to buy. Are the ones Trent and Abbott sell as good as the more expensive adjustable ones?
Anyone have any info on the holes that need to be drilled into the airbox to allow better breathing?
I have a spare throttle body, has anyone any info on boring it out?

cdcarlsson
25th March 2003, 05:59 PM
Which car/engine is it Marrk?
Also, how much boost are you thinking of giving it?
As far as I know BillJ is running 300 bhp with a standard FPR.

Nick.

BillJ
25th March 2003, 06:07 PM
As far as I know BillJ is running 300 bhp with a standard FPR.
Indeed. At least the 2.3T fuel system is good for around 300hp.

Marrk
26th March 2003, 05:47 AM
92, 9000 2.3 Carlsson. I read all the info on all the sites and try to get a good opinion on what is required and this regulator seems to be one of the must haves (whether it is necessary or not I still don't know!).
What boost are you running. Bill?
I have to make my power increases purely in relation to boost as there is no one able to chip the pre-trionic, TCS/ABS Carlssons and as I need to run higher boost pressures Im told I will need more air and fuel. Thus the enquiries.

BillJ
26th March 2003, 06:57 AM
I'm running maximum of 1.6 bar, but it's less than that (maybe 1.2?) at the 300hp mark.
The 2.3T fuel system is good for this power level, but it's just about the limit.

Doesn't anyone do DI/APC+TCS upgrades?

Marrk
26th March 2003, 07:26 AM
I had a long conversation with the guy at Maptun and he did a upgrade on his mates carlsson but he couldn't get it to work satisfactory so decided it wasn't worth pursuing any further. Frustrating for us Carlsson owners!!!! :evil: