What can the stock internals handle [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: What can the stock internals handle

Felbie
24-03-03, 10:23 AM
I was wondering how muchpower can the stock internals on the viggen handle, like how much boost can i safely run(this would be after aquamist, higher octane fuel, ignition, and fuel management) but as for the stock internals, how far can i go without meltin a piston or shooting or bending a rod, i was reading about the pikes peak one or whatever, saying that it runs 42psi on stock head and block, but does this mean hes got upgraded pistons, im obviouisly not looking for that type of power, (750HP) but would like to up boost to a little over 2 bar(maybe around 33-35) thank you

Felbie
25-03-03, 09:41 AM
anyone know????

ERP
25-03-03, 10:40 AM
Well the Pikes Peak Viggen is 4wd and has a completely different transmission. I believe that some of the engine internals are stock but they had to re-drill the head to keep it from blowing off. I think that 33-35 psi would be more than a stock engine can handle. A good goal to shoot for is ~300 hp, its attainable without too many modifications. Passing that will start to require a lot of $$.

Felbie
25-03-03, 11:27 AM
thats understandable but i would like to possibly get higher than that, like taking pretty much everything into consideration, i dont mind putting out the money if its available, being only 17 and working pretty much all the time with a car being my only expense..it shouldnt be too difficult

Felbie
25-03-03, 11:28 AM
i guess i also have to figure out what im boosting at stock, i live in ft lauderdale/miami FL so im pretty much at sea level and yea its pretty hot here, but still from what ive read ill be boosting lower here with the same power, is 30 possible on stock internals?