'03 9-3 SS Door panel removal [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: '03 9-3 SS Door panel removal

03_Saab 9-3
23rd March 2003, 08:34 PM
Anyone figure out or know how to remove the drivers/passengers door panels on the new 9-3 (Linear)? I would like to take them off and get at the speakers behind the door for possible upgrade.

Let me know. Thanks.

03_Saab 9-3
24th March 2003, 04:32 PM
Bueller....... Bueller............ :lol:

03_Saab 9-3
24th March 2003, 09:27 PM
Spent a good hour trying to figure it out, got as far as being able to remove the area where the window rollup buttons are and that was it.... blah!

eas
25th March 2003, 06:27 PM
I spent some time myself . . . the instructions I had for the older 9-3 points to screws that are not there . . .

It's so frustrating that we cannot get basic information such as:

(a) Where is the amplifier and all the other components of the stereo system?
(b) How to get access to the speakers, so people that can hear 100% can replace them?

CleveSaab
25th March 2003, 06:31 PM
:P :P

That's what you guys get for buying brand new Saabs.
NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH

(OK, let's be serious...jealousy talking :cry: )

03_Saab 9-3
25th March 2003, 06:45 PM
Hahah at this point im wishin i would have bought an 02 Saab.... Arrgggh... ok im going to take another looksy!

Skysprt26
26th March 2003, 01:42 AM
Does anyone know what size the component speakers are that are in the doors of the '03 93ss? I need to know so I know what size speakers to buy.

eas
26th March 2003, 09:13 AM
2003 Saab 9-3 SS With the ES2 sound system (key-pad like to change the radio):
Front: 3.5"
Door: 6.5"
Rear: 3.5"
Center Console:?

There is also 2 x 6x9" (empty) in the rear console.

03_Saab 9-3
26th March 2003, 09:51 AM
Yeh now just to figure out how the hell to get them out!

ElGuapo
27th March 2003, 12:45 PM
I posted this question in the 10 pg thread dam stereo, but this may be the better forum. As soon as anyone manages to gain access to the stock speakers, (and hopefully posts their experience for the rest of us), please post a picture of what the stock speaker looks like. And once someone has gotten to the stock speaker, I am very curious to know what aftermarket speaker will drop right in. I've had to 'modify' a speaker mount before to get an aftermarket speaker to work before, and it is a major pain in the *****! I checked MB Quart, and it seems (of course) they have many sizes for German cars (I wonder why), but not many for Saabs. Hopefully a standard 6.5" speaker will drop in without any clearance problems (depth, mounting pattern, etc).

03_Saab 9-3
27th March 2003, 12:55 PM
Man i tried again last nite to get to them and im baffled, i think part of it is cuz i dont want to break my new car. Where is the magic button or screw... ack!

Ian Glenday
27th March 2003, 11:49 PM
The 9-5 manual has warnings about disturbing air bag sensor or something to that effect relative to door assembly. Does this apply to this car :-?

Ian

A10MileHusker
28th March 2003, 12:12 AM
Check this site out....
http://www.lehigh.edu/~erp4/Upgrades.html
Its got a lot of things on audio...hope it helps

Doug

RawkTheSaab
23rd August 2009, 06:42 PM
Alright, so taking some information I found all over the internet, I decided to take it into my own hands to figure out how to get that @#$&* door panel off. Turns out, it's really quite simple. The connectors that connect the panel to the door actually are very similar to a snap, such as on your clothing. There is one at the front of the panel, just under where the two different colors of trim meet together, one just below the speaker along the bottom, another along the bottom, and one or two at the rear of the panel. Take a flat screwdriver or something thin, cover it in a thin cloth so as not to wreck anything, put it under the trim at one of these spots - I would suggest the one at the front, and lift. The panel should just pop off. There are also two torx - bit screws under the plastic door handle cover, which you can remove by lightly pulling the bottom of it out and up. You will need a T-30 size torx-bit to remove these screws. Once you have done this, simply lift up on the door panel to pull it off. The speaker is definately replaceable - a 6.5" Pioneer speaker was in mine. When you want to put the panel back on, just lower it down next to the window, making sure to get the lock button through the hole, and snap it back on. Simple.:cheesy: Best of luck!

localsaab
2nd February 2010, 01:36 PM
Just in case anyone stumbles on this thread as i have looking for answers here is the door removal instructions I found

http://www.genuinesaab.com/psi/files/SS+Door+Trim+Strips.pdf

tdegeorge
30th March 2010, 01:12 PM
I can get all the plastic grommets off. I can also get the screws in the door handle as wells as the two on the bottom of the door. It appears to be disconnected, but something is holding it back and I am too afraid to force it for fear of breaking it. What am I missing? Saab 9-2 2002 SE Convertible (2 Door).

Thanks,

Tim