problem with viggen? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: problem with viggen?

Felbie
22nd March 2003, 09:28 AM
Im looking to get a 93 viggen, and i test drove it and i was looking at ERP's website and in his car, with the stage 3 ecu and all it has 21 psi max, and his boost gauge goes all the way to the end..if the viggen has 20 psi, shouldnt it go past the first color(not sure which one) on the stock boost gauge, i guess i am also just running it through first and half into second

ERP
22nd March 2003, 10:00 AM
The stock boost gauge is electronically controlled and is not terribly accurate. I believe that the Viggen has a higher rated 3.0 bar MAP sensor, Manifold Absolute Pressure, which measures boost pressure. I remember hearing from one person who was running ~22 psi on their 900 SE, when they upgraded to the 3.0 bar MAP sensor their stock gauge showed less boost. This is the case for the Viggen.

Felbie
22nd March 2003, 12:47 PM
alrite thanks, cuz i dont really want to invest in a car thats gonna have a lot of problems, not maintencance wise but for perforamnce, im also still kinda unclear about what ECUs i can get, like ive seen some stage 3 ones for viggens, BUT it comes with down pipe exhaust, and all this stuff, if i already have downpipe and exhaust(3") and a larger intake and all that, can i get JUST the stage 3 ECU?

Jeremy R.
22nd March 2003, 03:51 PM
When you order an ECU, like I just did for my 900, you have to tell them all of the upgrades you've done so they can program the ECU correctly. You can definitely get just the stage 3 ECU if you already have the exhaust system and downpipe, but don't buy a stage 3 ECU and install it without having the other upgrades.