Stock Boost [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Stock Boost

Felbie
21st March 2003, 11:45 PM
Does anyone know what the stock boost on the 93 viggen is? ive heard 20 psi but that seems higha nd seems like the car should then be A LOT faster

SaxyWeed
22nd March 2003, 04:05 AM
From a quick google search I fond that the mitsu turbo boost is 1.4bar (20.3 PSI). Matches what you;ve heard. Seems a bit high but not out of rational reason at all. Probably will want to double check that because my thought process is being altered by some substance (C2H6O perhaps....?!??)

Felbie
22nd March 2003, 08:58 AM
i mean i definitely FEEL that boost, plus the car is heavy, but im just wonering then if its at 20psi what an these pistons and rods handle? i mean say i got an ecu downpipe exhaust, larger intake, and mbc or ebc, i mean can it handle that boost?

ERP
22nd March 2003, 10:04 AM
You should give Nick Taliaferro a call at www.genuinesaab.com. He has a nicely modded Viggen and has put a lot of work into it. He's a nice guy to talk and can give you a lot of specific answer.

Eric

TYPE IXXI
23rd March 2003, 09:11 AM
I looked into it a while ago. It all depends where you live.
I live at sea level so I probably see 16-17 psi. People in the higher elevations see closer to 20. The T7 ECU adjusts boost to give the predetermined horsepower. Hence thin air = more boost to get 230 hp. Hope i helped.

Felbie
23rd March 2003, 10:17 AM
im in south florida, so im at sea level pretty much..but given its a lot more hot here and humid