replacement air box gm900 turbo [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: replacement air box gm900 turbo

toddy
19th March 2003, 09:41 AM
I am looking to purchase one of these for my 96 900 in the uk
elkparts quoted me 130 this seems a bit much for what it is.
If any one has any ideas of were to get one cheaper it would be much appreciated.

Thanks all Toddy
"new saab 900 se turbo driver and loving it have to make it go faster now"

Jeremy R.
20th March 2003, 01:27 AM
There's a new Speedparts cold air intake kit that sells for about half of what the BSR kit you showed goes for. I know Elkparts is Speedparts' UK distributor, so they should be able to give you a price. The US's Speedparts dealer, Taliaferro Saab, sells the Speedparts intake for $100 and the BSR for about $200.

pade900
20th March 2003, 01:16 PM
I don't know about the price but I just wanted to say that I'm using the BSR Opti-Flow kit on my gm900 and it works really well !! Also the heatshield seems to do it's business well..And the intake sound and "blow off" sound are nothing to complain over either :wink:

ERP
20th March 2003, 04:53 PM
I just installed the new cone filter from SpeedParts. Same design as the BSR but half the price. Check out my website for more performance tips. http://www.lehigh.edu/~erp4/Saab.html

http://www.lehigh.edu/~erp4/saab/Upgrades/ColdAir3.jpg

toddy
20th March 2003, 09:11 PM
been on to elkparts they can do the speedparts one for 68 so will be getting this and a stage 1 ecu from them.
Not sure which dump valve to get a forge bov or a brv
Fast Road Dump Valve 49.00
Fast Road Closed Loop Dump Valve 65.00
both are from larkspeed i quite like the stealth of the closed valve

thanks for the help on the air intake

250gamma
7th April 2003, 05:53 PM
the speedparts one from elkparts did it come with the heatshield and all fittings ? and have you fitted it yet ? the only reason i ask is as i plan to rid myself of my airbox and fit a cone filter but am wondering how noisy it is with you ?

toddy
7th April 2003, 09:58 PM
hav'nt ordered it yet as i had to sell old car, that is now done will order this week with some lowering springs.will let you know when i get it.