Looking for aero ecu of 200 HP. [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Looking for aero ecu of 200 HP.

Ahn chanho
2nd August 2006, 11:09 AM
Hi guys :D
This is Ahn chan ho from south korea.nice to know this website..
I have a 9000 aero model made in 1997 ..It's automatice ..
But The ecu of the car is not working well I think It's broken..becasue last time the APC valve was not good so the fuse 10A for it was shorted but I thought It was just a normal problem so I have putted 15A into the fuse box..after it I could small something burned..and Turbo pressure was less through the turbo gage..so I've opened the ecu then someline for APC was burned :cry:
..Please don't put more amp to APC fuse..In this case APC is not good It's hard to find the reason becasue sometime It's working well not shaking engine in full accelation..but sometimes the pressure is not too high..
so now I need an ecu of 200 HP ..
If anyone has it please email me..

thanks.

Stefano
2nd August 2006, 11:34 AM
Hello, welcome to Saabcentral. I don't think we ever had a member from South Korea, actually I didn't even thought there could be any 9000s over there.

Good news, the ECU can be rerpaired with a very little expense, the procedure is at this address but it seems it's down at the moment. It was up this morning....

http://www.saab9000.com/procedures/electrical/ecu/trionic_repair.php

Basically, all you have to do is to open the box and change the three MOSFETs (no idea what it is, I just read it there).

Anyway, what you're looking for a is "standard" ECU for 2.3L FPTs, that's what automatic Aeros had. Only manual Aeros had a specific ECU. Just check if you have VSS (original anti-theft Saab system) or not.

Ahn chanho
2nd August 2006, 11:53 AM
than you Stefano;)
It would be nice if I knew how to repair it ..but no more It can't be repaired
and My car is a aero of 200 hp with automatic gearbox...
and There is no VSS system in it..
The part number of it is 4302329,4300828,4301917,4781878 all of these can work with my car..

Hello, welcome to Saabcentral. I don't think we ever had a member from South Korea, actually I didn't even thought there could be any 9000s over there.

Good news, the ECU can be rerpaired with a very little expense, the procedure is at this address but it seems it's down at the moment. It was up this morning....

http://www.saab9000.com/procedures/electrical/ecu/trionic_repair.php

Basically, all you have to do is to open the box and change the three MOSFETs (no idea what it is, I just read it there).

Anyway, what you're looking for a is "standard" ECU for 2.3L FPTs, that's what automatic Aeros had. Only manual Aeros had a specific ECU. Just check if you have VSS (original anti-theft Saab system) or not.

Stefano
2nd August 2006, 12:12 PM
Check Ebay. Any FPT 2.3 Trionic ECU ('94-'98) will work, as long as it's not from a manual Aero (or a LPT, of course). Automatic and manual is the same.

KevinC
2nd August 2006, 01:11 PM
Hi guys :D
This is Ahn chan ho from south korea.nice to know this website..
I have a 9000 aero model made in 1997 ..It's automatice ..
But The ecu of the car is not working well I think It's broken..becasue last time the APC valve was not good so the fuse 10A for it was shorted but I thought It was just a normal problem so I have putted 15A into the fuse box..after it I could small something burned..and Turbo pressure was less through the turbo gage..so I've opened the ecu then someline for APC was burned :cry:
..Please don't put more amp to APC fuse..In this case APC is not good It's hard to find the reason becasue sometime It's working well not shaking engine in full accelation..but sometimes the pressure is not too high..
so now I need an ecu of 200 HP ..
If anyone has it please email me..

thanks.

Send me a pm, I might know someone that can help you, he has the ecu you need I think

Ahn chanho
2nd August 2006, 07:56 PM
Hi KevinC
Many thank you
I hope his the ecu will fit into my car.
Here is my email address
ach1005@yahoo.co.kr

when you talk him about it..Please let me know if he wants to sell it
thanks

KevinC
3rd August 2006, 05:38 AM
I have forwarded your message, he should reply if he still has the ECU