after market boost guage mount? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: after market boost guage mount?

TYPE IXXI
15th March 2003, 08:30 PM
For those with Boost gauges where have you mounted them on your NG900- 9-3's. I saw the piller mount from a ford excursion but was looking for other paths or suppliers. thanks

Tweek's Turbos
16th March 2003, 01:01 AM
With some thought in it, taking into consideration what plans I have, I am not using any guage pod, but I will be mounting an Autometer unit in the A pillar. It will be at eye leve so I dont have to take my eyes off the road, The piece it will go into can easily be replaced, I have no future plans for a smaller radio to make room in the dash for the unit.

03_Saab 9-3
16th March 2003, 10:02 PM
I was wondering a good place for the gauge too, i have a 2003 9-3 and the pillar wouldn't be a good choice cuz thats where teh upperside airbags are housed... ouch flying turbo guage!?

20Ted
16th March 2003, 10:08 PM
I was wondering a good place for the gauge too, i have a 2003 9-3 and the pillar wouldn't be a good choice cuz thats where teh upperside airbags are housed... ouch flying turbo guage!?

If I were you, I would go lurk around in the Mk. IV Golf/Jetta forums at www.vwvortex.com. The 1.8T Jettas and GTIs have the A-pillar airbags, but they are also mounting gauge pods lower down.

There are also the heads up displays that are being designed for this particular reason... Like this one with boost display and turbo timer (http://www.machv.com/headupdisboo.html).

TYPE IXXI
16th March 2003, 11:03 PM
I didn't think the ng 900 and 9-3's had piller bags. I know the 9-3ss does.