Quick question about c900 wheels - value [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Quick question about c900 wheels - value

IronJoe
21-07-06, 11:09 AM
I know we all hate these questions, sorry in advance. and no, this isn't a classified ad...

I have a set of shelby's on my car, ed. grey. In the garage I have a set of -87 SPG wheels, comparable condition. I have to get rid of one set... which one is worth more?

My gut tells me the shelbys but I don't know because -87 SPG wheels were only available for a few years (85-87 right?)... what's this board's opinion? I like both so I don't care which I get rid of, I'm just looking to get max dollars. Would the spg wheels sell better with a side skirt kit or alone, do ya think?

You don't see too many "full package" sets on eBay, might be worth more??? as always, thanks in advance.

this:
http://jpowell.tripod.com/saab-wheels/99-900/saab-alloy-900-spg_aero.jpg

vs this:

http://www.saabcentral.com/phpgallery/albums/Life-as-a-Faux-SPG/Image006.sized.jpg

gorper
21-07-06, 11:28 AM
The Shelbys are worth way more. I wouldn't pay more than $25/each for SPG rims in decent shape.

The Shelbys fit on other cars; I believe it's MG owners who snap them up, too.

92-Vert
21-07-06, 01:34 PM
On ebay it is always better to sell separately you will get more and some will not want both. As for which wheels are worth more I agree with "gorper", but the SPG's are worth more like $250. to $350. Depending on condition.

gorper
21-07-06, 01:58 PM
On ebay it is always better to sell separately you will get more and some will not want both. As for which wheels are worth more I agree with "gorper", but the SPG's are worth more like $250. to $350. Depending on condition.

I should have qualified my statement: Where I live, Saabs are a dime a dozen. The SPG wheels, therefore, are pretty easy to come by.

92-Vert
21-07-06, 02:11 PM
Put them on ebay you will get more for them then in your location. The only problem is the shipping.

IronJoe
21-07-06, 02:43 PM
I should have qualified my statement: Where I live, Saabs are a dime a dozen. The SPG wheels, therefore, are pretty easy to come by.

well, i live where you live (pacific northwest) so your statement is still helpful.

92-vert you're right, shipping is terrible these days... and wheels aren't light. i guess that's what makes craigslist great, huh.