Dual Exit Exhaust [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Dual Exit Exhaust

chrselmore
27-06-06, 01:30 PM
I have been looking for a dual exit exhaust for my '05 vert but the price at GenuineSaab is just way too high. They want $1200 bucks. Any one know of a better price and where to find it.

93Linear
27-06-06, 02:48 PM
As far as I know that is the only "pre fab" solution available ... you can always go to a muffler shop andsay what they will charge to custom fab you something. I ~believe~ someone on here went that route, but I don't remember well.

chrselmore
27-06-06, 04:16 PM
Just found a site where it costs $838. Can't put the link because the word filter stops it. Cheapest I've found. Is Jetex a good company because that's who makes this exhaust.

robinson
28-06-06, 11:02 AM
I have the Jetex 2.5 catback dual exhaust and I love it. Worth every penny.

chrselmore
28-06-06, 11:49 AM
I just ordered it. How loud is the sound, I don't want to get that typical 4cyl honda rasp.

vectorX
28-06-06, 01:58 PM
yup partsforsaabs.com been looking at that one myself dual jetex, thats the cheapest one unless u have someone make on for u and then it could be cheaper but it depends.

chrselmore
28-06-06, 02:54 PM
I wonder why the genuinesaab set-up cost $1200 seeing how the same exhaust (Jetex) is $400 cheaper somewhere else.

93Linear
28-06-06, 05:20 PM
The one at GenuineSaab is officially from Nordic and that is Nordic's MSRP ...

robinson
28-06-06, 09:20 PM
I just ordered it. How loud is the sound, I don't want to get that typical 4cyl honda rasp.

It produces a slightly deeper sound, definitely not a cheap sound. Although one day I drove a hour and a half non stop and the exhaust got much louder and deeper. The sound was awesome.

chrselmore
28-06-06, 11:03 PM
I can't wait. All I need now is the downpipe and I'm going stage 3.

jonpom
19-07-06, 02:56 PM
Why did Saab split their Aero V-6 dual exhaust mid-car instead of at the egine block, which would produce better flow and probably add a couple of horses to power output?

fortyb
19-07-06, 04:10 PM
Hello it's been four years since i've been in columbus,GA but there was a muffler shop there that would custom make you what you wanted Dual exhaust, side exhaust etc. Sorry i can't remember the exit but it was the exit you would take to go to walmart or to wash your car. it was like five miles if your driving from fort benning on the right hand side of the interstate. He did great custom work to my jetta . And for what you want he would probably charge 300.00 for the setup.I have been looking for a dual exit exhaust for my '05 vert but the price at GenuineSaab is just way too high. They want $1200 bucks. Any one know of a better price and where to find it. Oops sorry i'm too late i just read your post that you just ordered one.

chrselmore
19-07-06, 04:26 PM
It was on Buena Vista Rd. but he moved to Atlanta.

Simon
20-07-06, 05:40 AM
The Jetex system doesn't fit the Convertible.

clarkkent
20-07-06, 09:33 AM
Why did Saab split their Aero V-6 dual exhaust mid-car instead of at the egine block, which would produce better flow and probably add a couple of horses to power output?

No doubt it was split for presentation only. It's near impossible to mount a true dual exhaust on a transverse (it's mounted sideways) V6. Look under a standard V8 and then look under the V6 Saab and you will see what I mean.

Saab could have gone the REAL cheap route and split it at the muffler, like my friend's G35. He tried telling me he has dual exhaust, until we looked under his car and only found one muffler...

saabotage9-3
21-07-06, 03:36 AM
It was on Buena Vista Rd. but he moved to Atlanta.

Hey i'm in Atlanta, any idea where in atlanta he is located?

soggy
21-07-06, 05:09 AM
No doubt it was split for presentation only. It's near impossible to mount a true dual exhaust on a transverse (it's mounted sideways) V6. Look under a standard V8 and then look under the V6 Saab and you will see what I mean.

Saab could have gone the REAL cheap route and split it at the muffler, like my friend's G35. He tried telling me he has dual exhaust, until we looked under his car and only found one muffler...

rofl that sucks, at least they have a nicer interrior than us though...