mbc? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: mbc?

c34webb
7th March 2003, 11:16 AM
which is a recomended mbc in the US for a 9-3 and how difficult is the install. Also with the install of a vigin intercooler what else should acompany it for proper performance.

sa900ab
7th March 2003, 07:54 PM
I have the Dawes Device and it works pretty damn good. I am almost positive it will work on a 9-3. It takes about 2 minutes to install and only costs 35$ Best of all I could really feel the performance increases.

c34webb
8th March 2003, 02:24 AM
Where would I go about geting one of these and would you recomend a remapping before the mbc?How about an intercooler and intake

razorbak
9th March 2003, 12:19 PM
I did the intercooler and Dawes, and the difference is huge. As I understand it, the intercooler is a good idea with the MBC since you will be building more heat at higher boost levels. Very pleased with the results from adding both.

MikeZR
11th March 2003, 11:08 AM
I have a brand new Dawes for sale for $45(what I paid).

mike@4hometown.com

conradFL
11th March 2003, 02:30 PM
a dawes device etc will only work on a T5 equipped car - 94-98 900t & 99 9-3 with the exception of the viggen (some 9000's too but that's another board :nono; ). It will eliminate torque reduction in gears 1 & 2 (wheelspin is super easy in these gears now) and give higher max boost. BUT now you are tricking the ECU, it cannot reduce boost in case of knock. Intake, sport exhaust, viggen intercooler, hipo air filter, and grinding the "lip" off the throttle body casting are all inexpensive (well, maybe not the viggen intercooler and exhaust) mods which are excellently detailed on ERP's website (there's a link in all his posts).