FMIC Dimensions [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: FMIC Dimensions

06SAAB MoJo
15th June 2006, 08:41 PM
Can anyone give me the stock dimensions of the intercooler on a 06 9-3 Aero? Also has anyone done any research into what dimensions would fit on any of the 9-3 variants with minimal mods? I have checked at PFS an can't seem to find the dimensions of their performance ICs.

soggy
16th June 2006, 12:37 AM
You have a 2006 which has a different ECU than any of the other 9-3SS out there. The only officially announced FMIC is by Nordic which is for the 2.0T and should be released any day now. It use to be that changing the intercooler would set off the CEL :confused:

06SAAB MoJo
16th June 2006, 01:19 AM
It use to be that changing the intercooler would set off the CEL :confused:

soggy thank you for your help, I do have another question...Does that mean there is some type sensor in/around the intercooler or is the CEL that sensative that it notices the change in the charged air due to the temp drop?

soggy
16th June 2006, 03:58 AM
Like i said before it USED to be. Here are a couple things for starters: Technically the stock intercooler is not a FMIC, it's just an intercooler. You're on the 2.8T engine, which pushes less boost than the other Aero models, and has a different engine management system.... and uhh yeah that's it.

From what I heard the T8 management system (ones we have) notice the change in mass air flow and throw a Check Engine Light (CEL), and will adjust the cars power accordingly if you modify the intercooler. Just like many other new cars you need to make software changes to gain power. So far the best power upgrade for the 2.8T that has been anounced is from BSR. They sponsor these forums, keep an eye on out the top right hand side of the page. Get what's called the BSR PPC, it allows you to tune the car to 287 hp, and 350ft. lbs torque, then tune it back to stock when you go to the dealer, no physical modifications needed! It's power gains like that just from ECU tuning that make saab so awesome ;)

Hope you enjoy the car! Upload pics when you get a chance.