: Boost increase claims

20Ted
6th March 2003, 08:42 PM
Does anyone know about this product:

http://www.t5boost4.com/features.htm

:-??

sa900ab
6th March 2003, 10:45 PM
sounds kind of "iffy" If anyone has one id be interested. How did you find this site?

20Ted
6th March 2003, 10:53 PM
sounds kind of "iffy" If anyone has one id be interested. How did you find this site?

I was on Google trying to figure out what happened to the SPG9 site, and this T5Boost thing was listed under Google's cars->european->sweden directory.

It doesn't sound like it would be too safe, though - if it is fooling the ECU, then couldn't it harm other parts? The ECU would be operating fuel, air, etc. on what it thinks is normal boost, but in reality it would be higher. Doesn't sound quite right, but it does sound interesting...

sa900ab
7th March 2003, 07:52 PM
hey i see your in seattle too, are you part of the Saab club of Seattle?

Friberg
11th March 2003, 05:19 AM
What the T5Boost does is only fooling the MAP sensor to believe that the boost pressure is lower than it really is and therefor the Trionic increases the boost to what it thinks is normal.

NOTE! This means that you are running with lean fuel mixture which can leave you with nice holes in your pistons :nono;

I would never install such a thing in my car, but if you do make sure to not use the power too long periods at a time. I think that this product is most intended for overtaking and not for track days.

Since there are so many companies who sells ECU's with a lot more "safer" power why not use them instead? Especially since the T5Boost isn't very cheap.