Ever got tired of that drivers seat? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Ever got tired of that drivers seat?

ltz
6th June 2006, 05:51 PM
Changed the drivers seat to a Volvo S40 -02 front seat. Just a tiny bit of welding.. 20$ later, voila, a very comfortable front seat..:)

The car is a 93 saab 9000 2.3 t CSE.

Link to images of this conversion (http://www.vehicleforums.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4)

tristan_the_trout
6th June 2006, 10:48 PM
i demand a how to, and a source for the volvo seat:cheesy::cheesy: also, NICE JOB :).. looks comfy,

i've been racking the country looking for a set of aero seats, but that might be a good alternative, plus it's a sister car so it's like home... mainly, i'm getting sick of sinking into my seat's split seams that i've been holding off repairing in hopes of new seats...

ltz
6th June 2006, 11:04 PM
It turned out to be a very comfortable seat. however I must warn you. I'm about 185cm, the seat gave me perfect adjustability, however perhaps it needs some thoughts when welding the seat if youre taller/shorter..

Found a "remove it yourself scrapyard" where they just got in 5 volvo V40 -00/-02 got myself a drivers seat for about 20 USD.
Took a chance, removed the saab seat, mapped the guide-mounts for the saab seat. Then welded some similiar guides for the volvo seat. (only needed to widen the volvo mounts about 1-2 inches..).

4 bolts and it fits like a glove.

The belt buckle fits between my saab 9000 model and this particular volvo v40 but I wouldnt recommend mixing belt parts between different car brands.

The drawbacks is perhaps that you get half an inch less space behind the driver. Allthou the comfort weights up for this..:)

I did find a bmw 3'series (199x-something) leather seat that i believe would have been really nice in the car but never tried that one.

ltz
6th June 2006, 11:25 PM
Got some better pictures up at the link above. (http://www.vehicleforums.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4)Also showing the middle-arm rest that I mounted in there.. Perhaps not the best looking one but it does the job well, relaxing my arm..:)