Any problems with BSR? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Any problems with BSR?

Go Green
2nd June 2006, 12:41 PM
Hi all,

I just installed BSR Stage 1 for my '05 9-3SS, about a week ago. I'm very impressed with the increased torque and Hp.

The reviews are correct; Once the RPM's hit ~2500-3k, the turbo needle slams into the red area, as your neck is snapped back. I love it. But it still behaves nicely in traffic/stop-n-go driving (keep RPM's low is the key).

However, the first time I "tuned" it, the SID said that there was a problem with the traction control system, and take it to a dealer. Turned the ignition off and on, and the message went away.

So later I was driving on the highway, I hit the cruise control to save a little gas, and nothing happens. Turns out that my cruise control in 5th gear no longer works! Oddly enough, in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th it's fine.

I though, OK, well this is probably a BSR issue. So I de-tuned, and it's still there! 2, 3, & 4 are fine, but no 5th!

The folks I bought it form say to take it to the dealer and have them fix the cruise control.

So 2 questions for the BSR/Saab community:
1: Has anybody else seen something like this?

2: Has anybody de-tuned, and taken their car to a dealer and had work like this done, and maintained their warranty?

Thanks