"new" beauty home [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: "new" beauty home

SAABurban
30-05-06, 06:54 AM
What a day Sunday was! Picked up 88' Saloon with ease. The little bugger is clean, straight and ready for the process to return to duty. I can't believe she was scheduled to be parted out then recycled. The puzzlement began when she was opened up in my driveway. Lots of bolts removed from under the hood and no bucket of bolts accompanying the boot or back floor boards. Hmmmm. Good thing I'm a pack rat and haven't pitched anything from current project.

You guys who spoke on my last post about swapping a turbo head for the N/A head have primed me for the task! As soon as HG gasket arrives I'll begin the task of solving the mystery of the cracked head or blown head gasket. I need to stock the ice box in the garage and make sure the living arrangements for me for the next few weeks are adequate and comfortable.

Already have the hood attached properly! Just have to take it off again to do the head.

Patience is not my forte.

woywitka
30-05-06, 03:55 PM
awsome that you have saved a Saab. What a shame that a 1993 was going to be wrecked, geeeeze! sounds like you got a good plan, awsome!

jetman
30-05-06, 04:16 PM
Patience is not my forte.

Me neither! I often will keep few old chairs or the like on hand just to smash to pieces when things go wrong. Gets the frustration out, but not on something of value.