E-Mail notification from K&N this morning; new intake available for our cars... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: E-Mail notification from K&N this morning; new intake available for our cars...

Automaggot
29th May 2006, 03:18 PM
Apparenlty they're offering the "57i" kit for the 2.0t/T engines. It looks like a tube with a mount for the MAF and a cone filter with no heat shield. If that's what it really is, I think the BSR is still a better bet.

http://kandn.com/images/l/57-0641.jpg

Unless, of course, that long tube is for sinking the filter down into the bumper where it would get much more cold air than the short rams from Speed-parts and BSR.

No word on pricing yet. If I find one, I'll be sure to post it.

The Saab Newbie
29th May 2006, 03:36 PM
I found price for this on K&N website. $213

http://shop.knfilters.com/KNShop/Product.aspx?pid=57-0641

And heres a link to show what it looks like after installation.

http://www.kandn.com/instructions/57-0641.pdf

Later Jeff

soggy
29th May 2006, 03:59 PM
The second link you posted just keeps crashing my web browsers (I tried mozilla and IE). Does it in fact go into the bumper? Post pics for me <3 :cheesy:

timmehhhhhh
29th May 2006, 04:02 PM
The second link you posted just keeps crashing my web browsers (I tried mozilla and IE). Does it in fact go into the bumper? Post pics for me <3 :cheesy:

Nope it's actually sitting closer to the engine than the BSR :lol:

The Saab Newbie
29th May 2006, 04:03 PM

Adobe is needed I think

PatrickLee
29th May 2006, 04:36 PM

Uh.. wow. Hot air intake.

93Linear
29th May 2006, 05:04 PM

It does look like it sits a little closer, but did you notice that the second piece of tubing is being used to scoop cold air from under the car and blow on/into the filter? Read the last few steps in the directions and look at pics 17 & 18 ... that is a second intake tube which comes with the kit ... not the SAI tube from the airbox.

soggy
29th May 2006, 07:57 PM
Adobe is needed I think

I have adobe... AHHH I WANT TO SEE IT!!! :cry:

soggy
29th May 2006, 07:58 PM
NM it loaded finally and I saw it... *two thumbs down*

Boy am I glad K&N finally came out with a good air intake for us :lol:

Automaggot
29th May 2006, 08:56 PM
I wish AEM or Injen would make a really nice annodized cold air unit for the SS. Something that looks amazing under the hood and winds all over the place... then I wish Samco would make an intercooler hose replacement kit in a few different colors...

The Saab Newbie
29th May 2006, 09:04 PM
NM it loaded finally and I saw it... *two thumbs down*

Boy am I glad K&N finally came out with a good air intake for us :lol:

Buy high speed internet, it's kinda like a turbo 9-3 :p

lol Jeff

05TurboArc
29th May 2006, 11:09 PM
So now what to choose...BSR or K&N?

vectorX
30th May 2006, 10:21 AM
It looks like it extends the tube that brings the air in though so its only an inch or so away fron the filter?

Saab-Jitsu
30th May 2006, 10:25 AM
Why does it seem these manufacturers forget about the 2.8T engines? It's like they don't believe it exists...??? :roll:

SJ

SAAB007
30th May 2006, 12:11 PM
The 2.0T engine has been out for 3 years in the 9-3SS, and this intake is just coming out now. The 2.8T V6 engine has been out for a few months.... :roll:

I feel your pain, man... ;)

Why does it seem these manufacturers forget about the 2.8T engines? It's like they don't believe it exists...??? :roll:

SJ

Saab_IT
11th June 2006, 01:02 AM
Has anyone tried this K&N air intake yet?

soggy
11th June 2006, 05:50 AM
Buy high speed internet, it's kinda like a turbo 9-3 :p

lol Jeff

At the time I was on Dual T1s, with only 10 other people doing email on it.... our sister company WAS ICG Communications, is now Level 3 communications ;) Their site was just sucking or something.

I don't think anyone has tried this yet. I know someone just got the K&N drop in filter though.

Vector-SS
10th July 2006, 08:46 PM
Does anyone know the part number for that cone filter?

Snaab9trey
14th July 2006, 01:24 AM
Does a drop in filter make any difference in sound? I have done several AEM cold air intakes in other cars and it sounds like a whole new engine. Let me know if a drop in filter changes the sound cause the lack of an AEM for Saab makes me not want to mess with it.

vectorX
14th July 2006, 12:06 PM
I got a J&R drop in filter and it absolutely makes a dofferent sound, its much much louder then the regular filter. Sounds good though I like it

S.myrr
4th August 2006, 05:35 AM
As I gift I just received a K&N drop in filter part #33-2337 that SHOULD work in my 06 2.8 V6. I will let you know how it sounds and performs once I get my car back from Sweden.

Hopefully it does make things a little louder, I love that turbo sucking sound!