Headlights [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Headlights

trexturk
2nd March 2003, 09:45 PM
Hey, I have a question, will the newer projection headlights off a 2003 9-5 aero fit an older 1999 or 2000 9-5?
Thanks

Ian Glenday
2nd March 2003, 10:05 PM
The opening and shape of the light assembly is different. I understand that the parts even if they did fit would be several thousand dollars after market. There are non Saab kits available that will do the trick but I have no info on them.

Ian

murphwiz
3rd March 2003, 06:52 AM
Its not as simple as just sitting the lights in!

You would need the wiring loom, a mulitude of sensors to control the light levelling, and at saab prices it would be cheaper to trade up!

kreativdesigns
20th April 2003, 10:33 PM
I would be very interested in a headlight upgrade. I really wish there was a way to use saab factory cause I really like the looks of 'em.

p.s. Hello everyone. I'm a huge saab fan. I'm about 2 months away from owning a 2000-2001 aero. I'm looking intently for specifically a red/steal gray/dark blue with tan leather, manual, and bbs wheels(these are things i won't budge on). I would like vented seats but i'm flexible. I came over here from dtmpower.net and this is my first post

mr saabman
21st April 2003, 06:31 AM
Welcome to Saabcentral kreativdesigns :)
Good luck on finding your 9-5,and be sure to tell us when you do. :D

mr saabman
21st April 2003, 06:36 AM
On the Lights situation I have to agree with Murphwizz,Fitting them and wiring them up would not be difficult! but the auto leveling system would be and this is a legal requirement with this type of light.

murphwiz
21st April 2003, 08:36 AM
If your desperate, do a search for someone like HID for less, they supply an upgrade kit...
Not sure of its effectiveness though...
as your in the US, the best upgrade you can make is E code light lenses!

Think someone like daniel stern lighting can get those for you!

Kiko
1st August 2003, 07:10 PM
I would be very interested in a headlight upgrade. I really wish there was a way to use saab factory cause I really like the looks of 'em.

p.s. Hello everyone. I'm a huge saab fan. I'm about 2 months away from owning a 2000-2001 aero. I'm looking intently for specifically a red/steal gray/dark blue with tan leather, manual, and bbs wheels(these are things i won't budge on). I would like vented seats but i'm flexible. I came over here from dtmpower.net and this is my first post

I just found this site yesterday, hello everyone. I drive a 1999 Scarabe Green 9-5 SE with the LPT I-4 and the Slushbox. First of all, yea I too was always wondering about getting those beautiful Xenon projectors from the 2002+ 9-5, but price alone seems like it would be just as cheap to actually trade in and buy a used 2002 9-5. It would also have 15 more horsepower :evil: .

But yea, oh and also, I used to post on DTM Power all the time. I believe i racked up about 1700 posts. When I showed them that I had bought a Saab their reception was less than warm. People told me to take it back and some just posted :puke: emoticons. Some moderators fought back but...I'm glad I found other forums to talk about BMWs...(www.bimmerforums.com)

OH AND ALSO: I believe sometime in mid August, the regulations regarding aftermarket upgrade HID kits will change drastically. I have heard from several sources their sale is being banned and they will be illegal to buy afterwards. It probably has to do with poorly installed kits that aren't leveled right and blind people. If you want to get a kit from hids4less.com, I suggest you do it soon :nono; .