SAS swaybars for 9000? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: SAS swaybars for 9000?

Friberg
26th February 2003, 03:56 PM
Hi!

Are there anyone who have experience with the SAS swaybars for 9000? We are a couple from Sweden who are going to order them and I just wanted to hear if anyone have some opinion about them.

As far as I know they are the only one on the market for the 9000.

Alanb
26th February 2003, 04:06 PM
I have heard of people on Saabnet using them. Many prefer them fitted to the rear only and leave the standard rollbar (swaybar) on the front. The effect of this to reduce understeer.

I understand that this is a pretty beefy item - about 26mm diameter(?) and some people have complained that it seriously worsens the ride.

I would have thought a more sophisticated approach to improving handing would be to upgrade the springs and shocks.

Alanb

Friberg
26th February 2003, 04:30 PM
I have heard of people on Saabnet using them. Many prefer them fitted to the rear only and leave the standard rollbar (swaybar) on the front. The effect of this to reduce understeer.

I understand that this is a pretty beefy item - about 26mm diameter(?) and some people have complained that it seriously worsens the ride.

I would have thought a more sophisticated approach to improving handing would be to upgrade the springs and shocks.

Alanb

OK, thanks. I'll ask on Saabnet too.

Friberg
27th February 2003, 04:05 AM
The answers I got at Saabnet were very positive. The description gocart really trigged me since I want to be able to go round corners without scratching the door handles :D

I already have H+R springs but still stock shocks :oops: Will buy Koni shocks when my wallet is filled again - probably earliest this autumn since I've just ordered a bigger turbo, Sachs pressure plate, new bushings and a lot of other stuff...