Eric, Some questions about your BOV mod. [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Eric, Some questions about your BOV mod.

Tweek's Turbos
24th February 2003, 02:55 PM
I peeked in at your site again, specifically at the BOV mod. I'm guessing the 10" 1" diameter hot water pipe is a typical home depo Item, and the circle clamps a Napa thing, But how about the chcck valve thingy? What type of store/Isle can I find that in?

ERP
24th February 2003, 06:47 PM
I was able to get everything at Home Depot. Nothing special about the check valve, I forget what isle I found it in. Total cost for everything was ~$15. It helps to enlarge the ends of the hot water line, its obvious when you try to fit it.
The sound of the BOV changes depending on the type of fittings you use between the hose and the check valve. Some setups are louder than others, I just messed around a bit with some different fittings until I found a volume that I liked.

Eric

vertiblechickmag
7th August 2005, 05:22 PM
i just checked home depot and they had a non-hinged brass check valve, and a hinged check valave that was 1" into a 1.25" outlet-both ends threaded. Neither me nor the guy helping me knew if it would hold up cuz it was not the most durable looking thing. They didnt have the hot water pipe in 2 or 1 inch, but i could use the tube thats in my car now for recirculation correct? and how important is the size of the hot water pipe on the exit side of the check valve?

also if i do this with home depot parts, is this thing going to mess with my car and will it perform/last?

Performance gains/losses?

stromer
7th August 2005, 05:40 PM
nothing like resurreting a 2.5 year old thread! :lol:

Marks900SE
7th August 2005, 06:12 PM
If you have a slight chance of raising boost beyond stock via MBC, MBC+A, or ECU just forget this idea and look into an aftermarket BOV/BPV cause the stock PBV fails fast with incresed boost.

vertiblechickmag
7th August 2005, 07:25 PM
If you have a slight chance of raising boost beyond stock via MBC, MBC+A, or ECU just forget this idea and look into an aftermarket BOV/BPV cause the stock PBV fails fast with incresed boost.

no i dont, and if i do ill get something else. i just liked the idea of a 20 dollar bov on a stock setup

julianBC
7th August 2005, 08:59 PM
My stock bpv failed literally after less than 2 miles. 3 pulls with my new mbc+a and it started honking. Bought a BOV off ebay for like $90 and its great. I had to put the stock bpv back on once and it was so awkward without the psshhhhh.

hkayssi
28th April 2007, 01:46 PM
I was able to get everything at Home Depot. Nothing special about the check valve, I forget what isle I found it in. Total cost for everything was ~$15. It helps to enlarge the ends of the hot water line, its obvious when you try to fit it.
The sound of the BOV changes depending on the type of fittings you use between the hose and the check valve. Some setups are louder than others, I just messed around a bit with some different fittings until I found a volume that I liked.

Eric

Eric, your site is down. It's been down for a few days.
http://www.ericsaabsite.com/