Help me spend my money:) [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Help me spend my money:)

patrick2536
17-04-06, 03:23 PM
After long negociations at work, it looks like I could be getting some backpay, which leaves with the nice problem of deciding just how to spend it. Now I have a GM900 vert, and I was looking at various bits and bobs on the abbot website http://www.abbottracing.com/2003/index.htm Bearing in mind I am just what I would class as a normal driver, ie not a boy racer, would I get any benefit from fitting the springs, dampers,track kit and subframe brace, or would i not really make all that much differance on normal daily driving?

Chris 9-5
17-04-06, 03:25 PM
I bet it would make a whole world of difference, esp on a vert ;) In a recent poll in the 9-5 forum suspension came out as the second most popular modification after ECU upgrades :p

i want an aero
17-04-06, 03:27 PM
:o you certainly will get a far better car with the suspension set up being changed. the cheapest isn't always the best but if you go to abbott the cheapness isn't really that cheap;)

patrick2536
17-04-06, 03:42 PM
Yea, I figured abbot were not exactly the cheapest around, but I had heard good things about them, there again, if anyone else can reccomend a good source........?

patrick2536
17-04-06, 03:48 PM
While I am online, just have another query, I need to touch up my paint just on the front corner, but unfortunately I cant find the paint code, I thought it was supposed to be on the passenger side door, but no sign of it there, or in the boot, any ideas?

mike saunders
17-04-06, 05:52 PM
Yea, I figured abbot were not exactly the cheapest around, but I had heard good things about them, there again, if anyone else can reccomend a good source........?

I've heard great things about ABA (anywhere but Abbott)

Seriously, though....SaabCentral's site sponsor, partsforsaabs.com, is a great option for those in Europe. You can also check out the competition at (three-letter relative of moose)parts.com

patrick2536
17-04-06, 06:35 PM
Cheers for that info, will check out partsforsaab and also the other link (good job I am good at crosswords:))

ragtopcav
17-04-06, 07:09 PM
Having removed an Abbott subframe brace for the six point item the genuinesaab supply I can strongly vouch for this item on the vert [mine is not tuned for speed at all, just to handle nice] Suspension kits that do not offer any adjustability could be a poor choice for you, I can also vouch for the Koni adjustable dampers that allow you to choose the ride quality to performance ratio, un-adjustable performance stuff may be superior but only in the realm they're designed for.

I've so far just done that which is listed in my mod's post (http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=624955&postcount=73) note no engine tuning or lowering, but the car hooks up well now and is very pleasant to drive.

patrick2536
17-04-06, 07:28 PM
That sounds just what I am looking for, not really for speed but just to make a better ride

I'm your vehicle, baby, I'll take you anywhere you wanna go, I'm your vehicle, woman, of that I'm sure you know, that I love ya, I need ya, I want ya, got to have ya, child, great God in heaven ya know I love you".