A couple more ? about my 94 aero [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: A couple more ? about my 94 aero

gotpiranha?
31-03-06, 08:13 PM
Hi

I have a slow leak where the power steering reserivor is.What kind of fluid do I put in there and how to check it.Also where is the oil dip stick?and how do I check the radiator fluid?:roll: and what type of spark plug should I use,and how much do i gap them?I know it may sound silly.But im being honest about these car.

9000freak
31-03-06, 08:26 PM
Hi

I have a slow leak where the power steering reserivor is.What kind of fluid do I put in there and how to check it.Also where is the oil dip stick?and how do I check the radiator fluid?:roll: and what type of spark plug should I use,and how much do i gap them?I know it may sound silly.But im being honest about these car.

There is no such thing as a stupid or silly question ever. EVER!

1. As far as I know, it takes standard DOT power steering fluid
2. As you look at the engine, the oil dipstick is in the center towards the cabin right behind the silver thing (fuel rail). It could be a yellow or black cap depending on your engine
3. On the side of the plastic expansion tank on the left hand side of the engine compartment, there are lines that are labeled MAX and MIN. The fluid should be between them. The car will tell you in the form of a check radiator light if it gets too low.
4. I just ordered plugs today, your owners manual has info on spark plugs. Be sure that you get NGK brand spark plugs. From what I understand, Trionic Engine Management uses the specific resistance of NGK plugs and any other brand may cause problems.
5. I dont know about the gaps. someone else will be by shortly with them...

Last_straw
31-03-06, 08:35 PM
Hi

Power steering fluid, use this or similar here (http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?cPath=34_35&products_id=1806)
when you take the cap off, there is an end float in the cap the fluid should reach this level
The oil dip stick is stuck to the oil filler cap, it a cap at the back of the engine.
You can check the radiator fluid by looking in the expansion tank near the front of the engine bay on the inside fender. It has max and minimum marked on the side, only take the cap off when the engine has cooled down a bit.
You have to use NGK spark plugs, the DI casette need a resistor type plug to function properly, here (http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?cPath=34_41_47&products_id=67) these ones are pre-gapped to 1.1mm, some say a 0.9 gap is better.
A Haynes manual while confusing for some procedures is a good place to learn about your car, Parts for Saabs sell this too, or ebay, amazon etc.
Good luck :D

(9000Freak beat me to it)

gotpiranha?
01-04-06, 01:44 AM
Okay thanks guys.I got it now.:D