Turbo silencer! [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Turbo silencer!

rez-1
17th February 2003, 02:01 PM
I was reading erics site on removing the turbo silencer! How much of a difference does it make? alot louder? just wondering if its worth the time?!
rez-1

jpgibson
17th February 2003, 05:44 PM
I dont think so in isolation. It doesnt take long but that (L) side IC pipe can be a pain.Maybe worth doing all at once ie bigger inlet to airbox/filter/throttle body casting/ turbo silencer delete.All these smaller things ( inc steering brace see ERPs site) are good for people who like to tinker- like me!
To be honest the only things that will make a noticeable difference to the car are:
1.Suspension mods
2.Winding the boost up with an MBC
3.Better flowing intercooler
4.Replacing the factory speakers (esp front ones) with something better-I did the fronts with FX3 BostonAcoustics ( $90 Aussie)-> sooooo much better

Best bang for your bucks-> MBC AND boost gauge

Phew got that off my chest
Jonathan

Tweek's Turbos
21st February 2003, 04:57 PM
I thought the JT 3' DP without the Cat was a pretty good bang, pop and growl for the buck. I did do my Silencer at the same time as my intake and casting, so who knew. I did like the sound of the turbo. I can hear and even healthier spooling with the DP now too. Sounds just like my buick. :cheesy: I can't wait till I machine out my turbo later towards fall.