Aftermarket alarm&remote stater on my 94 aero? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Aftermarket alarm&remote stater on my 94 aero?

gotpiranha?
19th March 2006, 01:33 AM
Hi

Is it posible to install an aftermarket alarm and remote starter on my 94 aero 5sp.I just took out the viper alarm with pager and remote starter from my 5sp accord that I just sold.I know how to install it.But how can I bypass the factory alarm?Where I live at is alot of thieves around.I like to have alarm where it can page me and have the option of keyless entry.Is the factory ecu behind the srs or the glove compartment?

Stefano
19th March 2006, 08:10 AM
The alarm ECU is behind the panel righ below the passanger's airbag, it comes out taking out two screws then pulling hard to unhook the tabs.

I think that to bypass it you'd need a plug that shorts some of the wires left in the harness, that clips in place of the ECU. Not sure where you can get it, my car came with no alarm ECU and with that connector from the factory.

We should swap my plug and your ECU and remotes, I'd like to have a factory alarm instead of my aftermarket, I'm a sucker for factory accessories :cheesy:

Edit: I just found a pic of the connector, I can't take more at the moment because my car is at a mechanic's but if you want to build your own plug in a week or so I should be able to give you better pics and infos (which wire is shorted to which).
You can see the original connector that should go into your factory ECU, and the plug that goes onto it, it's hard to see tehm but there's some wires on the top of the plugs shorting some of the connector wires.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/steisan/Image054.jpg

gotpiranha?
19th March 2006, 11:49 AM
Okay,so if I were to have this connector.I would be able to put in my aftermarket alarm with no problem like bypassing anything?If so it sound like a good idea.Mine factory doesnt come with a remote.

Stefano
19th March 2006, 01:53 PM
I believe that that plug should cut the alarm away, considering that if I unplug it the car won't even start and if I plug it the car does start and works perfectly.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if my '96 has the same alarm system that your '94 has :confused: , hopefully someone who knows better will pop in.

gotpiranha?
20th March 2006, 08:10 PM
Could you please help me with the wiring diagram to.Thanks

Stefano
21st March 2006, 07:46 AM
As soon as I get my car back from the mechanic, I'll try to get the plug and note which wire is connected to which.

gotpiranha?
26th March 2006, 08:49 PM
Hey did you get your car back yet?Also where can I buy the adapter that you have?

Stefano
27th March 2006, 01:32 AM
Yes I got it back on Saturday, I'll check that as soon as I can.

No idea where you can get that plug, I got my car with it. I'll see if I can read a p/n on it. Did you asked your dealer about an alarm cut off plug?

Stefano
30th March 2006, 09:59 AM
Here I am. Mods, please delete my post if you think it may help anybody to steal a Saab (I'm still quote debated between myself whether it's fine to post these infos, I couldn't live thinking that I may have helped some scum to steal a Saab)

The plug has place for 25pins, arranged in two arrays, in this way:

Snap lock side

Insert side

(I had to use dots to space numbers, hopefully it's enough to show how the two arrays of pins are placed. Anyway, I think they are numbered also on the other connector, which you have, so you shouldn't have a problem).

There are three bridges:

pin 15 to pin 23

pin 10 to pin 22

pin 9 to pin 21

that's all you need to build your own plug.

A number is reported on the yellow plastic moulding, hopefully is's a part numer: it's 4587358 (does it mean anything?)

There are other numbers on the red tab attachet to one of the bridge wires, they are:

28/7/1995
503840 B
T7503
A5149

The car is a 2.0 Aero, that was manifactured in '95 but the VIN comes up as a '96 model. I confirm you that if I remove this connector the car won't start, if I plug it back the car runs fine.
Hope this helps.

gotpiranha?
30th March 2006, 05:49 PM
Hey Stefano

Is there by chance you could tell me what wire is what?like the parking lights,dr lock ect ect?Thanks.I would trade my factory alarm unit with you if you want.But you said that if I remove it my car wont start.I used the car every day.Im gonna try the junk yard tommorrow.

Stefano
31st March 2006, 01:35 AM
No way I can tell the wires, they alll are black and they all disappear into a big harness. To install the new alarm you can't use the stock wiring, once you have bypassed the stock alarm you should install the new one like there never was one in the vehicle.