Did MP Performance go out of business? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Did MP Performance go out of business?

MarkyClifoptomus
08-03-06, 12:51 AM
Just wondering if MP performance went out of business or something? I ordered a manual boost controller from them 7 months ago and still havent got it, I call them every day and write emails and everything but I never get ahold of anyone..

Raven18940
08-03-06, 01:26 AM
We can only hope. :roll:

sethsev7n
08-03-06, 02:42 AM
Well, their site is still up. Do they still not have their sh$t together? Thats disappointing, theyre good guys.

john tanner
08-03-06, 04:53 AM
If someone ordered something 7 months ago and haven't got it or a reason why i think it is a little optomistic to call them good guys....In my book that amounts to theft. What really annoys me is that alot of people on this site and others were right behind MP and helped build the business and now it seems they are set to throw it all away:nono;

Well, their site is still up. Do they still not have their sh$t together? Thats disappointing, theyre good guys.

Matthew
08-03-06, 08:22 AM
I ordered a manual boost controller from them 7 months ago and still havent got it
By now I would have already taken the matter to the authorities.

MarkyClifoptomus
08-03-06, 11:18 AM
well I might have to resort to that or something, I gave them $700 worth of business and I recieved all the other parts at different times and they all took a long time. I mean if this can be resolved over the phone with out and problems that would be the best, but it seems impossible to get ahold of these guys.

abdukted1456
08-03-06, 11:24 AM
two of three partners have left MP. there is a thread on saabink with more details, I don't have a link handy.

they sent letters or meials to customers explaining it.

stromer
08-03-06, 12:50 PM
Yeah, it was Todd, Chris, and Matthew up until this week. Now its just Todd. From what I gathered Matthew really had his act together and just joined last fall. So now I'm wondering if Chris and Matthew will be going on to start something with a new name. Chris was one of the original guys, so this would make sense. I'm not to familiar with Todd's roll.

sethsev7n
08-03-06, 02:07 PM
What happened to Eric?

abdukted1456
08-03-06, 02:22 PM
Eric left MP a LOOOOOOOONG time ago.

last I heard of him he had a engineerering job with a company that made faucets or plumbing or something... probably a job with good benefits, he probably left at just the right time before things started to really slide downhill.
too bad he is not around anymore that I have seen, he was a good guy.

sethsev7n
08-03-06, 02:33 PM
Eric left MP a LOOOOOOOONG time ago.

last I heard of him he had a engineerering job with a company that made faucets or plumbing or something... probably a job with good benefits, he probably left at just the right time before things started to really slide downhill.
too bad he is not around anymore that I have seen, he was a good guy.

Yeah, I knew him a while ago back when he was in college, he's a good guy.

robw
09-03-06, 09:30 AM
Don't know if this is an indication or not, but look at the item for sale - is this Chris from MP? :confused:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JET-9-X20-BELT-DRIVE-BENCH-LATHE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ97230QQitemZ75982 21468QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

NC900TSE
09-03-06, 09:58 AM
Looks like it. Or someone else with a failed SAAB speed shop:roll:

mike saunders
09-03-06, 11:02 AM
Golf clubs and bench lathe look good....

Short shifter you can keep!