Ppc/usa [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Ppc/usa

UH-60CE
4th March 2006, 03:13 PM
This is my first post so be gentle! I'm getting my first Saab, a SportCombi 2.0 in two weeks. I've looked at the all the info I could find on the PPC. Has anyone had the pleasure of a warranty claim after using it in the USA? I will be returning there soon so I'm just wondering what their position is on using Hirch products purchased overseas.

bauklo
4th March 2006, 03:31 PM
tach auch!
ummmm...
have you done a thourough price-comparison?
i should think that it is a LOT cheaper in the us than it is in germany!

soggy
4th March 2006, 07:47 PM
I would wait untill you put at least 10k miles on the engine gently before you push it with a PPC.

UH-60CE
5th March 2006, 02:32 AM
Definatly won't do this right away. It is a pricy product but if Saab will "allow" it I wouldn't mind paying extra and keeping the warranty fully in tact.

Tschuse,
keith

UH-60CE
5th March 2006, 02:43 AM
I just realized that BSR make the PPC, not Hirsch. I guess that answers my question about the warranty. Anyone have an opinion on the Hirsch upgrade? Is it a reprogrammable deal or a one time ecu upgrade?

aeropilot
5th March 2006, 07:21 AM
Is it a reprogrammable deal or a one time ecu upgrade?
One time ecu upgrade, the Saab dealer re-flashes your ECU with the updated Hirsch program.

However, Hirsch products are not suported in the USA by Saab-USA, so not sure how that would affect you..??

fortyb
5th March 2006, 09:35 AM
Hey welcome aboard i live in hanau also i'm the only one with a black saab 2.8T in the area right now. Let me know how it goes with the install over here i think you can go to frankfurt and get the hirsch install at the saab dealer. Where or you picking it up from Mianz?Definatly won't do this right away. It is a pricy product but if Saab will "allow" it I wouldn't mind paying extra and keeping the warranty fully in tact.

Tschuse,
keith

Tmax
5th March 2006, 10:22 PM
I would wait untill you put at least 10k miles on the engine gently before you push it with a PPC.

Right. I had 2k on the car when I re-flashed the ecm. no problems. My dealer here on o'ahu is all for modding he has absolutely no problem with all my stuff and has given me advice how to get the most HP from this car.

Welcome to the Forum. UH-60. Are you the driver or the mech?
I am a Flight engineer in the military myself. later,.