Aussie 93 Aero racer [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Aussie 93 Aero racer

cinemarr
2nd March 2006, 04:58 AM
Hi Fellow SAABers,

I'm just posting this thread to see what you Ng900/93 drivers think of this car. It's a 93 Aero obviously heavily modified which races in Australia in a class called "Sport Sedan" although it's a hatch. There is also a gold one but I don't have a pic.

please tell me what you think :cheesy:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/cinemarr/DarrenHossack-1Large.jpg

and trailing the Alfa Romeo GTV

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/cinemarr/TonyRicciardello1Large.jpg

Andy B
2nd March 2006, 10:54 AM
Wild,

Looks slightly old school Porsche Carrera esque!

How fast/modified are they?

telreranreoid
2nd March 2006, 12:17 PM
looks like it's now RWD. and not much left of the body work. except the grill. but..... put some real lights in it and a plate and i'd drive it :cheesy:

hunt.dogshome
2nd March 2006, 02:44 PM
Looks a bit "funny car" dragster. I wonder what mechanicals lurk beneath.

cinemarr
2nd March 2006, 05:14 PM
The body is original with a new body kit and massive wheel arcs to accomodate those massive wheels. The glass has been replaced with perspex and the engine is a Ford Chevy 700bhp which is mounted in the centre of the car. Every car in this "Sport Sedan" class has the exact same engine. The corvette, Alfa, Mustang...etc.

John Z Williams
2nd March 2006, 05:19 PM
700bhp, now we are talking... I think I can take em.....:cheesy:

Troll_speed
2nd March 2006, 06:10 PM
WOW :o:o that's cool!

Would like to see more of the front bumper if you've got it.

Wasn't there a kit somewhere in the U.S. to mount the stock motor in the back??

xtraxstar
2nd March 2006, 06:50 PM
Hmm i must agree it looks very "Posche" the back end reminds me of my old 944 abit. Very cool tho, I'd drive that!

cinemarr
2nd March 2006, 08:17 PM
I have seen it race on TV and the back still very much resembles the NG900/93. It doesn't really resemble the 944 at all but I see what you're saying. It's very hard to find pics of this car. I contacted the team and asked quite a few times for pics and he said if I was ever in Melbourne I could come and see the car but alas the pics never came. But I do have a video of one of the races so If I can get it on my computer I will post a clip :cheesy: