Drag SAAB??? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Drag SAAB???

10th February 2003, 06:57 PM
Hey I just got back from my local track (Pacific Raceways). I decided that I wanted to see how fast my saab would go. . . to say the least I had a blast made many friends, meet someother saab racers. . .wired? My best run was a 15.8 with a .762 R/T I know thats not very good but For my first time its not bad. I own a 95 900 SE with 48000 miles on the clock and the only modification is a dawes device and a big black gash on my bumper. (bald tires, wet roads, speed dont mix) Anyway I would recommend everyone to do what i did. Maybe Saabs wont be know forever as wimmpy cars. . .who knows what the future hold...
In the sprit of better ets i was thinking a pair of slicks or something similar might be useful. Any advice on not doing huge burnouts when the green light goes on would also be greatly appreciated.

10th February 2003, 07:26 PM
Here is my drag slip, Stage 3 ECU. Your reaction time isn't bad, but it doesn't matter because it is not part of the 1/4 mile time. I've oly been once also and I had a great time. Now I'm just waiting for the snow to melt so I can go again.

17th February 2003, 01:01 AM
I know that Saabs aren't known to be drag cars but that doesn't mean we don't like to have a little fun burning some civics. As far as stopping the peeling out off the line, I've heard suspension makes a good improvement and it helps to be a little gentler on the gas. You just have to train your foot to be less enthusiastic.