Drag SAAB??? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Drag SAAB???

sa900ab
10th February 2003, 06:57 PM
Hey I just got back from my local track (Pacific Raceways). I decided that I wanted to see how fast my saab would go. . . to say the least I had a blast made many friends, meet someother saab racers. . .wired? My best run was a 15.8 with a .762 R/T I know thats not very good but For my first time its not bad. I own a 95 900 SE with 48000 miles on the clock and the only modification is a dawes device and a big black gash on my bumper. (bald tires, wet roads, speed dont mix) Anyway I would recommend everyone to do what i did. Maybe Saabs wont be know forever as wimmpy cars. . .who knows what the future hold...
In the sprit of better ets i was thinking a pair of slicks or something similar might be useful. Any advice on not doing huge burnouts when the green light goes on would also be greatly appreciated.

DRAG YOU SAAB!!!!! :D

ERP
10th February 2003, 07:26 PM
Here is my drag slip, Stage 3 ECU. Your reaction time isn't bad, but it doesn't matter because it is not part of the 1/4 mile time. I've oly been once also and I had a great time. Now I'm just waiting for the snow to melt so I can go again.

http://www.lehigh.edu/~erp4/DragSlip.jpg

Eric

95turbo
17th February 2003, 01:01 AM
I know that Saabs aren't known to be drag cars but that doesn't mean we don't like to have a little fun burning some civics. As far as stopping the peeling out off the line, I've heard suspension makes a good improvement and it helps to be a little gentler on the gas. You just have to train your foot to be less enthusiastic.