ecu and APC question [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: ecu and APC question

screamingreen97
20th February 2006, 11:18 PM
when i order the stage 1 ecu from genuinesaab (the nordic ecu), do i have to send my original ecu in first or after i get the new one?

and also....how can i test to see if my APC works? i have it lying around waiting till i get my new ecu...how can i test it?

mike saunders
21st February 2006, 11:00 AM
PM or call Nick Taliaferro at genuinesaab. He's always available to answer questions...except, maybe not at 2 a.m.....

saabkid37
21st February 2006, 04:58 PM
apc? why do you have an apc?...or do you mean a bpc solenoid?

screamingreen97
21st February 2006, 09:57 PM
same thing...

saabkid37
22nd February 2006, 12:41 AM
no...not same thing

apc=boost control system on pre di cars.

You have built in boost control within the ecu maps.

boxman
22nd February 2006, 05:18 AM
to be precise APC stands for Automatic Performance Control which is an electronic way of controlling the boost pressure, how this is done is niether here or there, in 1984 when the 9000 was launched it came with a stand alone APC ecu then in 1988 saan launched the DI system but still with a stand alone APC but in 1989 saab intergreated the DI and the APC into 1 ecu but then from 1993 saab launched the trionic ecu that incorperated the injection the DI and the APC contols into the same ECU, the piont is all these car have APC and all use a boost pressure control solinoid, so screamingreen' you have a BPC sol you want to check, this is a componant of the APC system not the APC its self

screamingreen97
23rd February 2006, 01:10 PM
thank u for clarifying boxman....so how can i check with my lpt?if i plug it in its not gonna do anything right?