trouble code 1312 [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: trouble code 1312

gpoller
20-02-06, 11:16 AM
Night before last I got the check engine light. I didn't drive it again until this morning and the first time I started the car I got the CEL. Since Saab is closed for the holiday, I drove it to a local shop to have the TC pulled. This time the CEL light didn't come on, but the mechanic pulled TC 1312 (listed on his diagnostic unit as "unidentified code"). Since the car is out of warranty (it's a 2001 w/ 30,000 miles), I'd rather not take it back to the dealer. Does anyone know what TC 1312 is, and, since the CEL stopped coming on, is the car safe to drive around for the time being? Thanks.

Chris 9-5
20-02-06, 11:49 AM
Not sure what it means but:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/cbullock/1312.jpg

Abaddon
20-02-06, 12:32 PM
Night before last I got the check engine light. I didn't drive it again until this morning and the first time I started the car I got the CEL. Since Saab is closed for the holiday, I drove it to a local shop to have the TC pulled. This time the CEL light didn't come on, but the mechanic pulled TC 1312 (listed on his diagnostic unit as "unidentified code"). Since the car is out of warranty (it's a 2001 w/ 30,000 miles), I'd rather not take it back to the dealer. Does anyone know what TC 1312 is, and, since the CEL stopped coming on, is the car safe to drive around for the time being? Thanks.

What exactly was the full code? There should be a letter that goes before the TC to designate what type of fault i.e P for powertrain, B for body, etc.

Unless its some Saab specific fault code 1312 is:
Lamp Headlamp Input Circuit Short To Battery

A P1312 is different than a B1312 so its hard to diagnose without the full code.

gpoller
20-02-06, 12:43 PM
What exactly was the full code? There should be a letter that goes before the TC to designate what type of fault i.e P for powertrain, B for body, etc.

Unless its some Saab specific fault code 1312 is:
Lamp Headlamp Input Circuit Short To Battery

A P1312 is different than a B1312 so its hard to diagnose without the full code.

It was TC P1312. Thanks for the clarification. Does this help with a diagnosis?

Abaddon
20-02-06, 02:12 PM
That does help a lot :D Breaking down P1312 you have a Problem in your powertrain, Saab specific, Ignition/Misfire. Check your sparkplugs and the DI to make sure everything is in order and there aren't any burn marks.

gpoller
20-02-06, 02:40 PM
That does help a lot :D Breaking down P1312 you have a Problem in your powertrain, Saab specific, Ignition/Misfire. Check your sparkplugs and the DI to make sure everything is in order and there aren't any burn marks.

Thanks. The car is also due for a 30,000 mile check, and spark plugs are part of it. I"ll have them looked at and the IDM/DI also. I'll post when through with results.

Chris 9-5
20-02-06, 02:42 PM
Change the plugs yourself its very easy and damn cheap ;)

Use the correct NGK resistor plugs though ;)
http://www.partsforsaabs.com/default.php?cPath=34_41_50