Blow-off Valves...... [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Blow-off Valves......

Berniebgf
5th February 2003, 04:33 AM
Hi all.

Now that my Turbosmart MBC is in my Blow-off valve is "hooting" more and more, I have looked around at Blow-off valves and have a few questions.

1. Does anyone (Australia prefered) know where to get the best valued Blow off Valves? ($350.00 in Aust. NO Thanks!)

2. has anyone installed an Adjustable Blow-off valve and how had was it to Adjust?

Thanks..

turbosb
5th February 2003, 03:40 PM
Hey, I am not from australia but I do believe that TurboXS has headquarters there? Anyways I have the TurboXS H-RFL and it is awesome. Its great to blow off 17 psi in all the stupid honda boys faces. It came with washers to add if there was boost leak at idle but my hasn't suffered any at all. If I needed to, they are very easy to put in. I had to buy the audi/vw 1.8T adapter kit for it but it only ended up running me $180 US b/c I found someone on eBay willing to give me a deal :cheesy: . Hope this helps!

Kyle

jpgibson
5th February 2003, 06:44 PM
Bernie try the Go Fast Bits web site -I think its www.gfb.com.au
They have plumb back ones for 270 aus or hybrids for a bit over 300.
I was going to put one of these in but 1. I didnt want the pssssht 2. I didnt want to spend 300 for ~ zero performance gain

I took the advice of someone or other and put in a viggen bosch bov-less than 60 from saab- now my boost stays where I set it.These valves are standard on Porsche 911 turbos-nuff said
Did you put in a boost gauge ?
jonathan

Ben Young
6th February 2003, 12:14 AM
try going to this website. they have good ones for a good price. Forge makes a lot of good equipment and this is what erp reccommends as far as bov bpv go.

http://www.stratmosphere.com/

regards

Ben Young[/url]

Berniebgf
6th February 2003, 12:35 AM
I am interested in the Viggen Valve, I will look into that..
Anyone Else using the Viggen BOV Unit?

As for your Question:
Yes Boost controller is in, and it great!

Had a little Drag with a NEW Commodore with the 5.7 V8 in it..
Lucky for me we were heading onto the feeway and started the drag at about 40KM/H...stay'd with him until 100KM/H then started to move past..but my 120KM/H we has to top for traffic. :cry:

regards

Bernie

Berniebgf
6th February 2003, 12:37 AM
NO, No Boost Guage ..Maybe Later..

I have just read my last post, lots of typo's

sorry about that.

Berniebgf
6th February 2003, 01:41 AM
Anyone.

Need to find out Part Number for Viggen "Cut OFF" valve.(re-cycle valve / dump valve)

I have phoned my Saab Dealer, they said they could not find that part for the viggen.

Anyone know where I could get details on this?

I want ot replace my 900SET Valve with the Viggen one.

Thanks

Bernie.

jpgibson
6th February 2003, 05:16 PM
The part number is 4441895
If your saab dealer cant help you I have had excellent dealings with a guy called Gaspar at Rick Damelian in Sydney.They have them in stock and easily mailed.Cost me $54.20 ( he gives me trade price because ive spent so much money on the car!)
His p/n 02 9560 1000
jonathan