9-3 seats Do NOT fit in 900 Here's what I'm thinking [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: 9-3 seats Do NOT fit in 900 Here's what I'm thinking

chrom03
4th February 2003, 09:55 PM
I have a 1995 900 set coupe. I recently purcahsed a pair of 1999 convertible seats from a wreaked 9-3. My old leather ripped on the drivers side and was badly cracked on the passengers.

I couldn't resist the new black firm tight leather! :lol:

Damn. I knew I would have to work w/ the wiring for the power and the heater, BUT the tracks for the 93 sit 2" wider than the old 900 tracks. :oops:

SO I just going to see if I can use the skins to replace my old ones. There is a chance that the backs of the 9-3 might fit on the backs of the 900, then I would only have to change the bottoms, and I would get the lumbar support.
Sat I'm going to the upholstery shop to work on it. I'll try and take some pics during the process if anyone else is going to try this.

If anyone else has any ideas hit me up,

chrom03@yahoo.com

ps. I won't use the back seats b/c the conv seats don't drop for the hatch, and the old ones still look great.

ragtopcav
4th February 2003, 10:25 PM
That's a big job, I will watch your postings on the results.
Good luck with the project.

razorbak
4th February 2003, 11:46 PM
NO! Why not just get 4 1x2" pieces of 1/8" thick metal, weld them to where the mounts are on the mounting tracks with the excess facing inside, drill holes for the mounting in the excess, and bolt the seats on? Then you could keep your nice new seats in tact! Just a though, and probably much cheaper!

chrom03
5th February 2003, 12:36 AM
There is a rise in the floor next to the door. The 900 tracks sit below flush against the body where it rises to the door. There is not enough room, the track for the 9-3's are atleast 2" wider. No room for the track to lay down. I hope that makes sense.

pade900
5th February 2003, 04:53 PM
They should fit somehow since I've seen alot of ng900 with for instance the Viggen/Aero leather seats in them. Don't know exactly what has to be done to make it work but... :roll:

dasaabguy
6th February 2003, 05:33 PM
ps. I won't use the back seats b/c the conv seats don't drop for the hatch, and the old ones still look great.

Hey chrom03 I got a 95 900se conv. and my drivers seat leather as cracked as well! I noticed you said you will not be using the new rear seat you got cause its for a conv......do u know if it will drop right into my conv? How much do you want for it?

You see, my backseat leather is in good condition, however its got a lil' hole in it from the previous owner. It looks like a cigarette ash got to it!

chrom03
6th February 2003, 09:13 PM
It's the Dark Charcol/greyish seat and it's from a 1999 9-3 covertible. The seats are in very good condition. I'll try and take some pictures of them on Sat. Yes I am willing to part with them.

Email me an offer,

chrom03@yahoo.com

Thanks.