Online Dating Websites, Good thing or Bad thing [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Online Dating Websites, Good thing or Bad thing

ShadowWorks
31-01-06, 01:07 PM
I have been on those in the past and i meet some crazy people that seemed normal and i have met some boring people that seemed special.

To find a person that is anything like there profile is no simple job;)

Is it a meat market or is there a way to navigate and find someone on those websites?, my friend is looking to date and i told him to have a look but i dont want him to find a bunny boiler:evil: !

escalator guru
31-01-06, 01:58 PM
Uh, my friend has had pretty good luck meeting decent men via online dating sites. She seems pretty happy with herself. I personally think talking to people over the internet and later meeting them in person is really creepy and I never do that, especially not at Saab meets or any of that :lol:

Really though, your friend might have good luck with one of those sites that analyzes your profile and sets you up, instead of making you find people on your own.

Mattheous
31-01-06, 02:09 PM
People who use online dating have at least one thing incommen. They are willing to meet someone on the internet. so thats gotta be good for something.

DougR
31-01-06, 02:39 PM
I am married, but if I was single, I certainly would not rule it out. I don't have a terribly difficult time meeting women, but the internet widens the available pool. I think the days of "internet dating is for losers" is pretty much over. Honesty in internet dating...that has a way to go :)

On a side note, I have made some good friends in real life via the good ole net, so I cannot see why the same may not apply to finding women.

CleveSaab
31-01-06, 03:24 PM
Is it a meat market or is there a way to navigate and find someone on those websites?, my friend is looking to date and i told him to have a look but i dont want him to find a bunny boiler:evil: !

You know what they say about people who have "...a friend...".
It's OK, man, we won't tease. Nothing at all wrong with internet datings.
My sister had some luck with Americansingles.com or something like that. Currently dating guy she met there.

DavidMorgan
31-01-06, 03:35 PM
A blind date with 2 Frenchmen and a Belgian.. at 0900 a Saturday morning on the outskirts of Paris and then we head to Coventry.. 48 hours together.. :roll:
And I wont go into details about hotels....:lol:

And whose fault is this SaabCentral..:nono;

My life was far more organised when I stuck to Meetic:cheesy:

Fox900
31-01-06, 04:13 PM
My parents diviorced after 34 years of marriage. My Dad started using Match.com and has met some really nice women.

There is a guy by the name of Colin Cowherd who has a show on ESPN radio that described online dating services as follow (paraphasing of course) 'The sites that have 100 question and 45 minute profile surveys to join do half the work for you. It weeds out the mouth breathers, bunny boilers, and those with wonder teeth (wonder where the went). It isn't for losers it for people that are to busy with their careers and lives to be out at the bars meeting people.

Matthew
31-01-06, 05:14 PM
You know what they say about people who have "...a friend...".
It's OK, man, we won't tease. Nothing at all wrong with internet datings.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

A blind date with 2 Frenchmen and a Belgian.. at 0900 a Saturday morning on the outskirts of Paris and then we head to Coventry.. 48 hours together..
You're dating three men in a hotel? :o :o

Gah!

900t
31-01-06, 05:44 PM
You're dating three men in a hotel?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who needs online dating sites? Just walk up to any random good looking woman and say something that isn't completely stupid. If you don't get peppersprayed you're in! :lol:

bernardc
31-01-06, 05:47 PM
Perhaps SaabCentral needs a bedroom as well as the Lounge? :cheesy:

Mattlach
31-01-06, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't touch online dating sites with a 20ft pole.

I've never been on one, and I just couldn't imagine ever being so either.

No offense to anyone here who uses them, but I think I'd sooner be single for the rest of my life (a very real possibility) than meet a romantic partner on the internerd.

ShadowWorks
31-01-06, 06:39 PM
LOL, it's for a friend honestly:lol: , he's a very very quiet guy, and does not come across well, as in first impressions, people think he's a mute or something but he is just very reserved, so it is hard for him to talk to women, esp pretty ones, he swollows his tongue:o

900t
31-01-06, 10:03 PM
LOL, it's for a friend honestly:lol:

You know the more times you say that the more it sounds like the "friend" doesn't actually exist :lol: :lol: ;)

DavidMorgan
31-01-06, 11:58 PM
You're dating three men in a hotel? :o :o

Gah!

A little misinterpretation :nono;
And then meeting you in a parking lot :roll: even more Gah Gah..
Some will be thinking we need some counselling :D

sethsev7n
01-02-06, 01:00 AM
I'd do internet dating except I'm not desperate enough to pony up the money for it. I wouldn't mind trying it out sometime though.

DJ53
01-02-06, 07:24 AM
LOL, it's for a friend honestly:lol: , he's a very very quiet guy, and does not come across well, as in first impressions, people think he's a mute or something but he is just very reserved, so it is hard for him to talk to women, esp pretty ones, he swollows his tongue:o

Tell your friend????? to save his money and spend it on beer or whisky .When he's well oiled he can then go up to any good looking female and just ask her for a date or a fumble depending on what she's like and if he is brave enough. Always worked for me!! Fancy lines just arent used these days!!

Seriously though a friend of mine who has been maried twice and is very busy has used them a few times and he says there usually good fun. He's even tried speed dating. Go for it.

Mattlach
01-02-06, 08:33 AM
Seriously though a friend of mine who has been maried twice and is very busy has used them a few times and he says there usually good fun. He's even tried speed dating. Go for it.

Been married twice huh? Seems like he really met the right people for him online :roll:

DJ53
01-02-06, 08:46 AM
He went to the on line agancy after making the wrong choice twice through the normal methods of dating.You know clubs,work and disco's etc.

Mattlach
01-02-06, 08:59 AM
He went to the on line agancy after making the wrong choice twice through the normal methods of dating.You know clubs,work and disco's etc.

Ahh! I'm surprised anyone thinks it is a good idea to date someone you work with.

I would automatically exclude anyone who works at the same company I do (even if in a different building), no matter how much I seemed to like them.

It just seems like a bad idea to mess up your work environment like that.

It's the same way I felt in college. I refused to consider anyone in the same dormitory, or anyone in my rather small department romantically.

Ideally, when dating, it should be with somone you'll never have to see again, if things don't work out right :p

Then again, I am the perpetually single one, so maybe I am a little bit on the too rigid side :p

escalator guru
01-02-06, 10:13 AM
Ideally, when dating, it should be with somone you'll never have to see again, if things don't work out right :p

Of course, when it doesn't work out, they keep finding ways around that "never having to see each other again" thing :roll:

BRob2
01-02-06, 11:13 AM
Ahh! I'm surprised anyone thinks it is a good idea to date someone you work with.

I would automatically exclude anyone who works at the same company I do (even if in a different building), no matter how much I seemed to like them.

It just seems like a bad idea to mess up your work environment like that.

It's the same way I felt in college. I refused to consider anyone in the same dormitory, or anyone in my rather small department romantically.

Then again, I am the perpetually single one, so maybe I am a little bit on the too rigid side :p research shows its the best place to meet someone. You tend to know them quite well before anything starts (save Xmas groping) and better than you would with any other way.

jetman
01-02-06, 11:18 AM
Ok, well I met my girlfriend at work. We've been dating for almost 2 years and likely get married this summer. By all accounts its been very good and the fact that we work for the same company hasn't really been that much of a problem. You just have to be reasonable and professional and recognize that there are potential problems that could come up and make an effort to avoid them. And keep your work and private lives seperate.
That being said, I wouldn't suggest banging everyone in your office.

git
06-02-06, 07:38 AM
the people are right when u say dont mix work with personal stuff

i have made the mistake of doing that with the last 3 of my ex gf's but everyday i go to work , i have to see these 3 women and they blank me, vice versa its not a good thing and cant concentrate on work properly

cinemarr
06-02-06, 07:44 AM
I am online dating at the moment and will meet the girl this weekend. :cheesy:

John Kline
06-02-06, 07:46 AM
Online dating websites are a good thing. I met my now wife on a site 4 years ago. They are just another way to meet people, and progress in the usual way from there. (Oh, and we now work in the same workplace, too)

QED

900t
06-02-06, 11:21 AM
That being said, I wouldn't suggest banging everyone in your office.

True. Make sure they are female first. :lol: ;)

GOLFHUNTER
06-02-06, 02:30 PM
A blind date with 2 Frenchmen and a Belgian.. at 0900 a Saturday morning on the outskirts of Paris and then we head to Coventry.. 48 hours together.. :roll:

And whose fault is this SaabCentral..:nono;

My life was far more organised when I stuck to Meetic:cheesy:

I ignored that we are going to have Sex next Weekend :D .
Ok why not but David maybe not This time because the others Guys won't be agree I think.
And maybe there will be single Saab women? :D
I m ready for any invitation in a Saab of course not a the Hotel wich is very common

GOLFHUNTER
06-02-06, 02:35 PM
He Guys watch out your women next Week , the french Lovers will be there :cheesy: :cheesy: :lol: :lol:

scanialvr
07-02-06, 04:19 AM
I am online dating at the moment and will meet the girl this weekend. :cheesy:
Will you let us know how all works out for you :nono; Hope she likes Saabs!

I think we could say the topic is whether the internet can hook people up?? Love or friendship?? My opinion - why are you at the computer (NOW) and why have you joined a forum? For me , I have my own Design business and the internet reduces my "running" around time by 60 per cent. That's huge and it also means that while I am sourcing, I might as well run around a Saab forum- so that 60 % I was saving is now ...(we cannot swear here!)sourcing now at +120 %(some nights) - Run with people that have the same interests as I do. I have made some very nice connections from this site. I LOVE SAABS! My spouse could care less....less and less. He now hates Saabs because my 900 had been troublesome of late. So I look for others obsessed - the lucky who have more than 1 Saab in their driveway. Like it or not this/all/any forums may be/could be a dating service - REF - DavidMorgan "Look Where This Forum Has Got Me" (above - 1st page)...HMMM,

As I was driving downtown Toronto today there was a handsome fella in a Dark Green (maybe) 1998 900 - license plate from Pennsylvania - Who are You? And what are youi doing so far far from home?

GOLFHUNTER
07-02-06, 09:26 AM
Online dating websites are a good thing. I met my now wife on a site 4 years ago. They are just another way to meet people, and progress in the usual way from there. (Oh, and we now work in the same workplace, too)

QED

Hey it's great , congretulations :D